+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I return to Canada from US with COPR and Passport only? I still do not PR card.

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can I return to Canada from US with COPR and Passport only? I still do not have a PR card. I landed a week ago.
I could not find COPR as a valid document in case of returning in private vehicle on CIC website.
I hope the law has not changed.
Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can I return to Canada from US with COPR and Passport only? I still do not have a PR card. I landed a week ago.
I could not find COPR as a valid document in case of returning in private vehicle on CIC website.
Thank you.
Yes - you can do that as long as you're using a private vehicle. All you need is your COPR.

Pranjali1728

Jul 10, 2022
Hi
Thank you.
I am planning to travel outside Canada, while i am still waiting on my PR card. I will be re-entering Canada from Canada-US land border in a private vehicle
Could you please confirm to me if you were able to enter back to Canada from US with COPR & passport.

Thanks in advance!
zaksam777

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I am planning to travel outside Canada, while i am still waiting on my PR card. I will be re-entering Canada from Canada-US land border in a private vehicle
Could you please confirm to me if you were able to enter back to Canada from US with COPR & passport.

Thanks in advance!
zaksam777
Yes

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, but if you search these forums you will find people that have tested this...and proven that it works.

You `need' a valid PR card to fly to Canada, because the airline needs to see that you have a valid PR card to board the flight. If a PR is crossing via a land PoE, in a private vehicle (or walking), they can use their COPR (or landing document) and foreign passport to enter Canada. A PR (even without a valid PR card) cannot be denied entry/re-entry as long as they have other proof that that are a PR...which your signed landing document would clearly validate.

Reactions: armoured