+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I request authorization letter second time if the first one expires before travel?

dthap

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Can I request the second authorization letter if the first one validity date expires before travelling to Canada? What are the chances of getting the second authorization letter?
I appreciate the replies on this topic.

Cheers.

Manaloto

Star Member
Oct 29, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Can I request the second authorization letter if the first one validity date expires before travelling to Canada? What are the chances of getting the second authorization letter?

Cheers.
When did you apply for AL? Can you share your timeline? Me and my family applied jan15..but until now no feedback. Thannks

Fairyiman

Feb 10, 2021

Cheers.
I requested for extension as I couldn't travel during the time period they were allowing but the authorities said we have to re request close to the travel date as authorization letter cannot be extended.That means we can re apply.

Reactions: dthap

dthap

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
I requested for extension as I couldn't travel during the time period they were allowing but the authorities said we have to re request close to the travel date as authorization letter cannot be extended.That means we can re apply.
Thank you for your answer. Did you request a second one?

Judy12

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Hi,
I am on a PGWP. I left Canada late last year to attend to a family emergency. I am trying to return back but on the day I wanted to board, I was asked by the airline to present an employment letter(it must be a 2021 letter) for my trip to be considered essential. I contacted IRCC for an authorization letter since their website says, you can return back to Canada if you lost your job but normally live in Canada. They still said I need a valid employment letter to return back to Canada. Please what do I do? I am really stranded in my country of visitation. My whole life/property is in Canada. Can anyone advise me on an essential reason to state for returning to canada?