+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I renew my biometrics to extend validity of an approved tourist visa?

ZobamE

Jan 28, 2024
The problem is that I can’t even apply for biometrics online what more of paying. Because it’s still telling me that my biometrics is valid. How did you swing through this huddle to be able to apply and pay for the biometrics.
Hi again Moe, I am really confused about these things. Please can you send me a direct email on contactalfedini@yahoo.com so we can actually talk directly so I understand these steps. Thanks

ZobamE

Jan 28, 2024

ZobamE

Jan 28, 2024
The BIL is your proof that you have paid the biometric fee. So I assume the payment is required before getting the letter.

Regarding the deadline to send the passport, I sent another Web Form requesting an extension of that deadline. However, I don't have an answer yet.

I will give my biometrics this week and will ask for advice directly in the VAC. I still have a few days to send the passport. I either leave my passport right after giving my biometrics or wait a few more days to send it.
Thanks again Moe. So you just went online and paid for a new biometrics online and sent the receipt.

While paying for the biometrics online, did you just pay as a new user or is there a place to include your UCI number or any other thing? Because I just opened it and registered afresh as a new user since I can’t remember my initial log in details used to pay 9 years ago.

Just to clarify that if I pay as a new user without any reference to anything old and get the receipt, I can use that to request for the BIL in the webform.

This is actually the first time I’m doing this on my own that’s why I’m so confused. And that’s why I’m probably asking a lot of questions.

Thanks a lot for all the help. I really really appreciate.

MoeDeFex

Jan 9, 2024
Thanks again Moe. So you just went online and paid for a new biometrics online and sent the receipt.

While paying for the biometrics online, did you just pay as a new user or is there a place to include your UCI number or any other thing? Because I just opened it and registered afresh as a new user since I can’t remember my initial log in details used to pay 9 years ago.

Just to clarify that if I pay as a new user without any reference to anything old and get the receipt, I can use that to request for the BIL in the webform.

This is actually the first time I’m doing this on my own that’s why I’m so confused. And that’s why I’m probably asking a lot of questions.

Thanks a lot for all the help. I really really appreciate.
It's confusing I agree!

The "Online Services" account is different from the "IRCC secure account". They are not linked in any way. So yes, I had to create a new account.

When you send the Web Form with the receipt and the instructions letter, that's where you have to give your UCI and Application ID.

ZobamE

Jan 28, 2024
It's confusing I agree!

The "Online Services" account is different from the "IRCC secure account". They are not linked in any way. So yes, I had to create a new account.

When you send the Web Form with the receipt and the instructions letter, that's where you have to give your UCI and Application ID.
Hi Moe, I sent my email address before I got this response. But the moderator wasn’t allowing the message to go so I sent the other message and got this response. You can disregard the email.

Unfortunately the site for payment is currently down . So I still haven’t paid or moved forward but I’ll keep trying.

The letter you sent, was it within the space of the 1500 words provided in the web form box or did you type a letter and attach as you were attaching the payment receipt.

Thanks

MoeDeFex

Jan 9, 2024
I sent two Web Forms:
For the first one, I answered yes to "Do you want to add a document to an existing file/application?" There's no textbox when you select this option, so no word limit for this one. I uploaded a PDF with the receipt and another PDF with a letter explaining my situation. The letter was probably less than 1500 words though.

For the second Web Form, I answered "no" to the question mentioned above. In the textbox (with the 1500 word limit), I requested the BIL mentioning that I had already uploaded the documents through a Web Form.

ZobamE

Jan 28, 2024
I sent two Web Forms:
For the first one, I answered yes to "Do you want to add a document to an existing file/application?" There's no textbox when you select this option, so no word limit for this one. I uploaded a PDF with the receipt and another PDF with a letter explaining my situation. The letter was probably less than 1500 words though.

For the second Web Form, I answered "no" to the question mentioned above. In the textbox (with the 1500 word limit), I requested the BIL mentioning that I had already uploaded the documents through a Web Form.
Ok thanks so much. I have paid and uploaded the proof of payment. Now I wait

I equally booked appointment for passport drop just to hold a date. Hoping to use the appointment for biometrics all things being equal.
If BIL comes out sooner than the date I booked, I’ll try to reschedule appointment.

Thanks again and goodnight

Feb 9, 2024
Hi, has anyone been able to extend their valid biometrics inside Canada? I was told we need to request a new Biometrics Instruction Letter from IRCC. I requested that in my parent's latest TRV extension application (inside Canada) and mentioned they want to re-enroll their biometrics. Their biometrics will expire in about a year. Their TRV application was approved but IRCC did not provide any new Biometrics Instruction Letter.
Yes I had to reapply for super visa with biometric renewal selected in the application check box for biometric
@Asim.butt you had to do it from outside Canada, right? So are there no options to extend visa validity by renewing biometrics from INSIDE Canada?

ZobamE

Jan 28, 2024
Ok thanks so much. I understand now and appreciate your help. Thank you
Hi again Asim. Good day.

So I just received my decision envelope. I tried to get the Biometrics instruction letter before submitting my passport but I was declined, so I had to go get this one stamped first.

So I want to reapply again. But I wanted to check in again to get advice since this is the route you went.

In the new application, did they give you the 10 years and also did they have to cancel the visa they already stamped. How soon after you got the already approved visa, did you reapply againI just want advice on this next steps. Thanks

ZobamE

Jan 28, 2024
I did not notice the biometric expiry issue till passport was submitted and visa stamped. So I sent another application after that and then went through the process like mentioned earlier. So if you have a passport request pending submit the passport and also apply reapply as this new application will take a bit of time as well with biometric request and then processing till next passport request
Hi Asim,

I sent this message yesterday but it looks like it didn’t deliver. I just wanted to check in on your progress.

I just received my decision envelope with the visa and will like to reapply again. I tried to get them to send me the BIL after paying but they declined and said I should apply again.

How soon after you got the Visa did you apply again.
Did they cancel the visa they gave you before giving you the new one?
Did you get a longer validity on the new visa.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

ZobamE

Jan 28, 2024
So I reapplied for the visa after it was stamped. For the new application select the option for biometric needed, everything else being the same. Few days after the application submission I received the biometric letter and once biometrics were submitted the next letter was passport submission request and the new visa was stamped
Hi again Asim. Good day.

So I just received my decision envelope. I tried to get the Biometrics instruction letter before submitting my passport but I was declined, so I had to go get this one stamped first.

So I want to reapply again. But I wanted to check in again to get advice since this is the route you went.

In the new application, did they give you the 10 years and also did they have to cancel the visa they already stamped. How soon after you got the already approved visa, did you reapply againI just want advice on this next steps. Thanks

ZobamE

Jan 28, 2024
Even getting biometric appointment can be challenging depending on which country you are applying from
Hi again Asim. Good day.

So I just received my decision envelope about a week ago. I tried to get the Biometrics instruction letter before submitting my passport but I was declined, so I had to go get this one stamped first as you adviced.

So I want to reapply again now. But I wanted to check in again to get advice since this is the route you went.

In the new application, did they give you the 10 years and also did they have to cancel the visa they already stamped. How soon after you got the already approved visa, did you reapply again? I just want advice on this next steps, so I don’t make mistakes again. I’m eagerly awaiting your response and kind advice.

Thanks

ntarty

Apr 4, 2024
Dear FriendS,
I found you in a forum regarding to " Can I renew my biometrics to extend validity of an approved tourist visa?" As I think you had a similar situation as me, I would be highly appreciated if you could help me what I should do.

As I brief history about me:
-My previous biometric was September 2014
-I applied for tourist visa in March 2023.
-It was accepted in May 2023 but it is valid till September2024 because the validity of biometric expires in September 2024.

As I provided biometric in 2014, I was not ask to provide Biometric again for the tourist visa but my visa is valid till September 2024. they also sent me "validity of your biometric information "

"However, if you wish to extend the validity of your permit or visa beyond the validity date indicated above, you can provide your biometric information again and pay the associated fee for another ten-year validity."

I came to Canada February 2024 and I applied for visa extension at the same time asking for providing biometric but they sent me similar "validity of your biometric information" again and give me a letter approving my extension till 28 April 2024!!!

Actually a few days ago I found a forum again and did all things you have done, paying the biometric fee and requesting to send me BIL to my application while I am in Canada.

Now I do not know what to do. I would like to know if you have done all the process, help me what I should do.

Thank you so much for your attention and I would like to hearing from you at your kind reply.

ntarty

Apr 4, 2024
Hi, has anyone been able to extend their valid biometrics inside Canada? I was told we need to request a new Biometrics Instruction Letter from IRCC. I requested that in my parent's latest TRV extension application (inside Canada) and mentioned they want to re-enroll their biometrics. Their biometrics will expire in about a year. Their TRV application was approved but IRCC did not provide any new Biometrics Instruction Letter.
Hi Mlh,

I am exactly in the same situation, I would be highly appreciated if you could let me know what you did.