+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i Remove one of my Work Experience after ITA? Seniors Plz Help

hrimbalib

Nov 8, 2019
Dear all,

I literally just noticed that the company who is helping me with the PR process put one of my wife's work experience in United Arab Emirates rather than Kuwait. So now they of course are asking Police clearance for my wife for UAE too. I got ITA in December and did not submit the files . What would be the best course of action? It should not affect the score one bit as I have a provincial nomination. Kindly advise.

Regards

MooriMoori

Dec 28, 2019
Not yet submitted my documents.
Hi, I have just received ITA and I have the same problem as yours.
I cannot get a reference letter for one of my jobs, but i can gain enough CRS from my past jobs.
I don't know if I can delete that from the work history, or change the name of the company

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
Dear all,

I literally just noticed that the company who is helping me with the PR process put one of my wife's work experience in United Arab Emirates rather than Kuwait. So now they of course are asking Police clearance for my wife for UAE too. I got ITA in December and did not submit the files . What would be the best course of action? It should not affect the score one bit as I have a provincial nomination. Kindly advise.

Regards
Get the letter with the actual place of employment and submit

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
Hi, I have just received ITA and I have the same problem as yours.
I cannot get a reference letter for one of my jobs, but i can gain enough CRS from my past jobs.
I don't know if I can delete that from the work history, or change the name of the company
Enough to retain same CRS score and above the cut off?

ARVINDATWAL

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
Hi Senior,

Please help me
I have a total experience of 5 years with same employer. however, it includes different designations over the time period of 5 years. I started as an Engineer and then got promoted to Asst. manager after 4 years, both the designation had the same responsibilities, but under NOC codes, I have selected the NOC code as per the managerial role as the job responsibilities are the same and I have a job letter from the employer stating my job title as ASSt. manager and all resp. Is it necessary that the designation has to be an exact match with the NOC code or it is about having a similar job respons.?

thementor

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hi friends,

I had applied in mid 2014 before express entry started. But got a 5 year ban due to misrepresentation of one work experience for which I claimed points for and it was my primary NOC.

I am planning to apply through express entry in 2020.

So my questions

-Can I completely remove this misrepresented work experience in the EE profile and put another fresh work experience (different NOC) to claim points for?

- Also what can I do with all those work experiences for which I don't want to claim points for? Should I mention them in the EE profile or can I skip them?

-In case if I receive an ITA, Should I mention both the point claiming work experience and the non point claiming work experience while applying under FSW or PNP?

Thanks
hello @ishakmohd, can you please explain why they think the work was representation? did you fail to provide Reference Letter, the HR did not say that you worked there, or the company never existed?

Ecstasy21

Dec 29, 2020
Hello All,
I have just received a "notification of Interest" from OINP for a score of 466. and I have a few queries about the reference letter. I have a total experience of 9 years, out of which
6 years 8 months is from the current organization and 2 years 4 months is from the old organization.

I have received the reference letter from my current organization where I have been working for the past 6 yrs and 8 months. However, the old organization has refused to provide the reference letter and other colleagues of mine who worked with me at that time, have left the company as well , so can't get a statutory letter either.

Below are my questions-
  • At this stage, can I remove the old employer experience from my EE profile (assuming exp of 3yrs and more is the basic criteria, this change will not hamper the CRS score as it is a job that is from 7 years ago)
    • would it be a problem?
    • will there be any conflict?
    • and If I am allowed to remove the old job exp , then how do I justify the gap after my education as this job was just started after my masters?
  • If I am not allowed to remove the old job exp .. Will a statutory reference letter from an Ex-colleague of mine who DOESN'T work there would suffice?
  • Or, A statutory letter self-signed by me would suffice?

I can provide below documents additionally for this old employer
  1. Joining letter
  2. Acceptance of resignation letter
  3. 1-year salary slips
  4. bank statement for the whole tenure (2.4 yrs)
I really look forward to your response. Please let me know what best can be done in this situation.

Dharminder93

Dec 25, 2019
Hello friends,

Please help, I am freaking out. I have received my ITA and realized that I have made a misrepresentation due to a genuine mistake in my work history. I need your help in fixing it.

I mentioned two jobs in my EE profile.. 1st one for 11 months for a US company (from Feb 2012 to Jan 2013) and the other one for 4.5 years Indian Company both under same noc 1111. However, I forgot (genuinely forgot) that in my first job in US, I got fired in August 2012 and then after a gap of 2 months was rehired in November for 2 month by same employer but on a hourly basis. In total 9 months.

After coming to India I was unable to find job with less that 11 months of experience, so I had requested my US employer to exclude my layoff period from my experience letter and requested him to state that I worked at his company for 11 months. I was desperate and needed a job.

I was working on Employment Authorization with USCIS so I believe they will have my accurate work history. I do not want to state 11 of experience as it would be misrepresentation and will create issue for Canada immigration.

Getting a reference letter from US employer will not be a problem, but I will present the accurate information. Now my questions.

1. In my EE profile, I've listed 11 months of employment with US employer. Can I change it to 7 months from Feb to August 2012 and add 2 months Nov 2012 to Jan 2013? After doing this, my post ITA profile will not match with EE Profile. Will that create a problem for my application? Will providing an LOE help? How do I state this mistake in LOE?
  2. Second option is deleting this experience from work history altogether and including it in personal history. My points wont be affected as I have the Indian job with 4.5 years of experience for the same NOC. But after doing this, my post ITA profile will not match with EE Profile. Will that create a problem? Will providing an LOE help? How do I state this mistake in LOE?
  3. If second option is viable, I'll delete the US experience from Work History and include it in personal history. Do I need to provide reference letters for employments included in personal history as well ? I have more than one which are included in personal history that I am not claiming any points for.
  4. Third option is to decline ITA and get back in the pool. I have other items to update in my EE profile, I can make the corrections and submit the updated profile and wait for the next draw. My score is 464 so I guess I will get ITA in next draw.
Please help guys. I'll really appreciate it.

did that work for you ? I have same situation please rply
Thank you

Dharminder93

Dec 25, 2019
You can remove the US experience from work history and put it in the personal history and this experience does not require any documents from your side. You can always change the details after ITA, the only point being, your CRS points should not be lower than the draw cut-off.
D

did that work for you? I have same situation

Dharminder93

Dec 25, 2019
Hi frnds,
I Received ITA today with cut off score 75 my score was 422 with 3 years Indian experience but now i dont want to claim Indian experience because i unable to get paper work of Indian experience but without Indian experience i will have 390 points, what should i do now remove the Indian experience or move it to personal but if i remove that then my ITA will not match with my profile… please suggestions and is there any bad affect or chance to ban for doing that ?

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi frnds,
I Received ITA today with cut off score 75 my score was 422 with 3 years Indian experience but now i dont want to claim Indian experience because i unable to get paper work of Indian experience but without Indian experience i will have 390 points, what should i do now remove the Indian experience or move it to personal but if i remove that then my ITA will not match with my profile… please suggestions and is there any bad affect or chance to ban for doing that ?
First of all ..
*what do you mean by ITA will not match your profile ?
*Can you please explain it ?
*Will you be ineligible for CEC after removing it ?

vuta

Sep 14, 2020
No need for any LOE. People do it all the time, when they are unable to get a reference letter from the previous companies. All you need in your profile is to prove that you have enough CRS points. Also I am providing this advice, assuming that you have more than 67 points in the six selection factors. If that is getting affected by removing this experience, then you have to mention this in work history.
I met both FSW and CEC and just got ITA for CEC recently, so can I remove all the work histories of mine and my wife and put them in Personal activities? Because I want to avoid doing paperwork with the previous companies in my hometown, which are vey complicated!
Thanks in advance for your advice.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I met both FSW and CEC and just got ITA for CEC recently, so can I remove all the work histories of mine and my wife and put them in Personal activities? Because I want to avoid doing paperwork with the previous companies in my hometown, which are vey complicated!
Thanks in advance for your advice.
If you remove your foreign work experiences, make sure:

1) you still meet the minimum entry criteria of the program you were invited in
2) recalculated CRS is still higher than the cut off score of the round your were invited in.

If these two are still okay, then removing the foreign experiences is fine.

Reactions: vuta

vuta

Sep 14, 2020
If you remove your foreign work experiences, make sure:

1) you still meet the minimum entry criteria of the program you were invited in
2) recalculated CRS is still higher than the cut off score of the round your were invited in.

If these two are still okay, then removing the foreign experiences is fine.
Thanks so much for your quick response.

I met both 1/ and 2/, so do I need to have a LOE?

Last edited: