+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i Remove one of my Work Experience after ITA? Seniors Plz Help

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Thanks so much for your quick response.

I met both 1/ and 2/, so do I need to have a LOE?
You can attach an LOE if you wish to. It boils down to your comfort zone. If attaching an LOE would give you peace of mind, by all means, do so. If it were me, I wouldn’t be bothered.

Reactions: vuta

Shaina b

Mar 2, 2020
Hello friends,

Please help, I am freaking out. I have received my ITA and realized that I have made a misrepresentation due to a genuine mistake in my work history. I need your help in fixing it.

I mentioned two jobs in my EE profile.. 1st one for 11 months for a US company (from Feb 2012 to Jan 2013) and the other one for 4.5 years Indian Company both under same noc 1111. However, I forgot (genuinely forgot) that in my first job in US, I got fired in August 2012 and then after a gap of 2 months was rehired in November for 2 month by same employer but on a hourly basis. In total 9 months.

After coming to India I was unable to find job with less that 11 months of experience, so I had requested my US employer to exclude my layoff period from my experience letter and requested him to state that I worked at his company for 11 months. I was desperate and needed a job.

I was working on Employment Authorization with USCIS so I believe they will have my accurate work history. I do not want to state 11 of experience as it would be misrepresentation and will create issue for Canada immigration.

Getting a reference letter from US employer will not be a problem, but I will present the accurate information. Now my questions.

1. In my EE profile, I've listed 11 months of employment with US employer. Can I change it to 7 months from Feb to August 2012 and add 2 months Nov 2012 to Jan 2013? After doing this, my post ITA profile will not match with EE Profile. Will that create a problem for my application? Will providing an LOE help? How do I state this mistake in LOE?
  2. Second option is deleting this experience from work history altogether and including it in personal history. My points wont be affected as I have the Indian job with 4.5 years of experience for the same NOC. But after doing this, my post ITA profile will not match with EE Profile. Will that create a problem? Will providing an LOE help? How do I state this mistake in LOE?
  3. If second option is viable, I'll delete the US experience from Work History and include it in personal history. Do I need to provide reference letters for employments included in personal history as well ? I have more than one which are included in personal history that I am not claiming any points for.
  4. Third option is to decline ITA and get back in the pool. I have other items to update in my EE profile, I can make the corrections and submit the updated profile and wait for the next draw. My score is 464 so I guess I will get ITA in next draw.
Please help guys. I'll really appreciate it.
I have the same situation, I did not mentioned the 4 month layout but now I have 2 year experience but need to complete 4 more months, I got ITA with 1 year experience, can I remove 2 year experience as I don't claim points from that?

Shaina b

Mar 2, 2020
I have the same situation, I did not mentioned the 4 month layout but now I have 2 year experience but need to complete 4 more months, I got ITA with 1 year experience, can I remove 2 year experience as I don't claim points from that? Need help

ValGonzal

Star Member
May 29, 2021
Nope, basically they will re-calculate your points based on your supportings/application post ITA and if you already have 3 years of work experience in your current job, you can remove previous ones and you will still get max points for foreign experience.

But do add a LoE explaining why you removed i.e. coz you are not claiming points for the same.
Hey Hope, what mrangwala might be inferring to is -- if he makes changes to his work history whether before or after ITA, would officers see that this person (whoever the applicant is) has made some huge changes in the EE? Would this be a concern for the officer if he/she observes the changes? I mean according to the system, the perosn can change before and even after, not an issue, BUT , when the officer observes that some huge months have been taken down , would that even still ring an alarm? Can you throw some light on it. Please.

ValGonzal

Star Member
May 29, 2021
Hi there,

Would greatly appreciate some help on a similar topic.

I did not realise when submitting profile that the jobs you list in 'work history' are supposed to be only the ones you think you will gain points for, the rest to go into personal history following an ITA. SO...I listed every job I have had in the last 10 years in my profile, therefore need reference letters/proof for all of these jobs. (I work in hospitality so it's a lot of employers.)

I am struggling to get one last reference letter. I don't have payslips/P60's - the information I have provided on the profile was done on memory.

My questions: Is there any way of knowing whether this job gave me any points? (It was 'unskilled' re: casual server role for four months 9 years ago.)

and

Could I delete the job off my profile post ITA, put it into my personal history instead and explain the reason for doing all this in my LOE?

Thank you all
put all skilled job with proof that gives points , in workhisotry.
rest (unskilled, skilled, paid unpaid ,edu, volunteering, unemployed) in personal history.

ValGonzal

Star Member
May 29, 2021
Enough to retain same CRS score and above the cut off?
hey there jose,
if someone makes some changes in EE profile, before ITA, and removes a work exp (since it is hard to retreive the paystubs etc), AND, the scores go very down (like 20 30 points), then is it alright to just be in the pool and not to worry about the changes made? (Assumption: 67 points are still reached).
Would this be considered a misrep activity?