+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i Remove one of my Work Experience after ITA? Seniors Plz Help

mrangwala

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
LANDED..........
01-05-2019
Hello friends,

Please help, I am freaking out. I have received my ITA and realized that I have made a misrepresentation due to a genuine mistake in my work history. I need your help in fixing it.

I mentioned two jobs in my EE profile.. 1st one for 11 months for a US company (from Feb 2012 to Jan 2013) and the other one for 4.5 years Indian Company both under same noc 1111. However, I forgot (genuinely forgot) that in my first job in US, I got fired in August 2012 and then after a gap of 2 months was rehired in November for 2 month by same employer but on a hourly basis. In total 9 months.

After coming to India I was unable to find job with less that 11 months of experience, so I had requested my US employer to exclude my layoff period from my experience letter and requested him to state that I worked at his company for 11 months. I was desperate and needed a job.

I was working on Employment Authorization with USCIS so I believe they will have my accurate work history. I do not want to state 11 of experience as it would be misrepresentation and will create issue for Canada immigration.

Getting a reference letter from US employer will not be a problem, but I will present the accurate information. Now my questions.

1. In my EE profile, I've listed 11 months of employment with US employer. Can I change it to 7 months from Feb to August 2012 and add 2 months Nov 2012 to Jan 2013? After doing this, my post ITA profile will not match with EE Profile. Will that create a problem for my application? Will providing an LOE help? How do I state this mistake in LOE?
  2. Second option is deleting this experience from work history altogether and including it in personal history. My points wont be affected as I have the Indian job with 4.5 years of experience for the same NOC. But after doing this, my post ITA profile will not match with EE Profile. Will that create a problem? Will providing an LOE help? How do I state this mistake in LOE?
  3. If second option is viable, I'll delete the US experience from Work History and include it in personal history. Do I need to provide reference letters for employments included in personal history as well ? I have more than one which are included in personal history that I am not claiming any points for.
  4. Third option is to decline ITA and get back in the pool. I have other items to update in my EE profile, I can make the corrections and submit the updated profile and wait for the next draw. My score is 464 so I guess I will get ITA in next draw.
Please help guys. I'll really appreciate it.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hello friends,

Please help, I am freaking out. I have received my ITA and realized that I have made a misrepresentation due to a genuine mistake in my work history. I need your help in fixing it.

I mentioned two jobs in my EE profile.. 1st one for 11 months for a US company (from Feb 2012 to Jan 2013) and the other one for 4.5 years Indian Company both under same noc 1111. However, I forgot (genuinely forgot) that in my first job in US, I got fired in August 2012 and then after a gap of 2 months was rehired in November for 2 month by same employer but on a hourly basis. In total 9 months.

After coming to India I was unable to find job with less that 11 months of experience, so I had requested my US employer to exclude my layoff period from my experience letter and requested him to state that I worked at his company for 11 months. I was desperate and needed a job.

I was working on Employment Authorization with USCIS so I believe they will have my accurate work history. I do not want to state 11 of experience as it would be misrepresentation and will create issue for Canada immigration.

Getting a reference letter from US employer will not be a problem, but I will present the accurate information. Now my questions.

1. In my EE profile, I've listed 11 months of employment with US employer. Can I change it to 7 months from Feb to August 2012 and add 2 months Nov 2012 to Jan 2013? After doing this, my post ITA profile will not match with EE Profile. Will that create a problem for my application? Will providing an LOE help? How do I state this mistake in LOE?
  2. Second option is deleting this experience from work history altogether and including it in personal history. My points wont be affected as I have the Indian job with 4.5 years of experience for the same NOC. But after doing this, my post ITA profile will not match with EE Profile. Will that create a problem? Will providing an LOE help? How do I state this mistake in LOE?
  3. If second option is viable, I'll delete the US experience from Work History and include it in personal history. Do I need to provide reference letters for employments included in personal history as well ? I have more than one which are included in personal history that I am not claiming any points for.
  4. Third option is to decline ITA and get back in the pool. I have other items to update in my EE profile, I can make the corrections and submit the updated profile and wait for the next draw. My score is 464 so I guess I will get ITA in next draw.
Please help guys. I'll really appreciate it.
Go with Option 2 if in a hurry & it does not affect your points. Move it to personal history, add a LoE saying that since you are not claiming points for the same so moved it to PH. You do not need supportings for it anymore then.

Option 3 is the best, since your score is 464 and you are sure to get ITA in next draw after making corrections in EE, it will be much cleaner. You can decline ITA and be back in pool.

Reactions: mrangwala

mrangwala

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
LANDED..........
01-05-2019
Go with Option 2 if in a hurry & it does not affect your points. Move it to personal history, add a LoE saying that since you are not claiming points for the same so moved it to PH. You do not need supportings for it anymore then.

Option 3 is the best, since your score is 464 and you are sure to get ITA in next draw after making corrections in EE, it will be much cleaner. You can decline ITA and be back in pool.

So it is not a problem if my EE work history does not match with Post ITA work history after removing this?

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
So it is not a problem if my EE work history does not match with Post ITA work history after removing this?
Nope, basically they will re-calculate your points based on your supportings/application post ITA and if you already have 3 years of work experience in your current job, you can remove previous ones and you will still get max points for foreign experience.

But do add a LoE explaining why you removed i.e. coz you are not claiming points for the same.

mrangwala

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
LANDED..........
01-05-2019
Thank you hope2018. Really appreciate your response. :)

Just for peace of mind, I request other seniors to comment on this as well.

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
You can remove the US experience from work history and put it in the personal history and this experience does not require any documents from your side. You can always change the details after ITA, the only point being, your CRS points should not be lower than the draw cut-off.

Reactions: vuta and mrangwala

mrangwala

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
LANDED..........
01-05-2019
You can remove the US experience from work history and put it in the personal history and this experience does not require any documents from your side. You can always change the details after ITA, the only point being, your CRS points should not be lower than the draw cut-off.
What about LOE for removing the US experience from work history? Since it won't match EE, will VO wonder why I removed it?

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
What about LOE for removing the US experience from work history? Since it won't match EE, will VO wonder why I removed it?
No need for any LOE. People do it all the time, when they are unable to get a reference letter from the previous companies. All you need in your profile is to prove that you have enough CRS points. Also I am providing this advice, assuming that you have more than 67 points in the six selection factors. If that is getting affected by removing this experience, then you have to mention this in work history.

mrangwala

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
LANDED..........
01-05-2019
No need for any LOE. People do it all the time, when they are unable to get a reference letter from the previous companies. All you need in your profile is to prove that you have enough CRS points. Also I am providing this advice, assuming that you have more than 67 points in the six selection factors. If that is getting affected by removing this experience, then you have to mention this in work history.
All factors remaining the same except 5.5 years of experience in Work History, I'll now be providing 4.5 years of work history.

CLB 9
4.5 Years exp Noc 1111
ECA - Dual degree.
Age 31. I think it comes to 71.

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
All factors remaining the same except 5.5 years of experience in Work History, I'll now be providing 4.5 years of work history.

CLB 9
4.5 Years exp Noc 1111
ECA - Dual degree.
Age 31. I think it comes to 71.
Yeah you are good to go.

stn0213

Jul 28, 2018
Nope, basically they will re-calculate your points based on your supportings/application post ITA and if you already have 3 years of work experience in your current job, you can remove previous ones and you will still get max points for foreign experience.

But do add a LoE explaining why you removed i.e. coz you are not claiming points for the same.
Did that work for you? Can you share your LOE?

loonymango

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
Cairo
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23/1/2019
I need some advice
Can I change the name of the place I worked at in my work experience post ITA

I worked at a Xplace for 6 years during the first year X place assigned me (allowed Yplace to borrow me) to Yplace then returned to Xplace again

In work experience I wrote 6 year of experience at Xplace and did not mention Yplace

But my hr/reference letter will be issued by Yplace as that’s where I actually worked

So can I change it after ITA and write 6 years from Y place only
Or is it considered misinformation

Thanks in advance

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
I need some advice
Can I change the name of the place I worked at in my work experience post ITA

I worked at a Xplace for 6 years during the first year X place assigned me (allowed Yplace to borrow me) to Yplace then returned to Xplace again

In work experience I wrote 6 year of experience at Xplace and did not mention Yplace

But my hr/reference letter will be issued by Yplace as that’s where I actually worked

So can I change it after ITA and write 6 years from Y place only
Or is it considered misinformation

Thanks in advance
you can change anything post ITA.