+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I quit job after CEC application (LMIA exempt work permit)?

LMS77

Sep 14, 2020
Hi,

I have an urgent question that really needs your help!

In Nov. 2022, I applied PR under CEC and got the ITA. Then I submitted all required documents and recceived AOR. I am working with LMIA exempt work permit, and I got additional points (50 pts) because of the valid job offer. I have been working at my current position since Dec. 2020, which I already passed the one-year experience.

I am wondering if I resign my job while waiting PR, will I lose the addiditonal points leading to the PR application failure? Will IRCC call my employer to check my working situation?

AOR (Nov. 22, 2022)
CRS score: 508 (458 + 50 from valid job offer)
Cut off score at ITA: 494.

Thanks a lot!!!

rshangle

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi,

I have an urgent question that really needs your help!

In Nov. 2022, I applied PR under CEC and got the ITA. Then I submitted all required documents and recceived AOR. I am working with LMIA exempt work permit, and I got additional points (50 pts) because of the valid job offer. I have been working at my current position since Dec. 2020, which I already passed the one-year experience.

I am wondering if I resign my job while waiting PR, will I lose the addiditonal points leading to the PR application failure? Will IRCC call my employer to check my working situation?

AOR (Nov. 22, 2022)
CRS score: 508 (458 + 50 from valid job offer)
Cut off score at ITA: 494.

Thanks a lot!!!
Most likely yes. Since you claimed 50 points for job offer which would be recalculated and taken away during eligibility checks, and bring your score down to 458-less than the draw you got your ITA.
i ll suggest to wait 2 more months as CECs are getting processed quickly. A lot of Oct AORs already got they portal emails, and Nov should pick up steam by Feb.
Hang in there buddy.

LMS77

Sep 14, 2020
Most likely yes. Since you claimed 50 points for job offer which would be recalculated and taken away during eligibility checks, and bring your score down to 458-less than the draw you got your ITA.
i ll suggest to wait 2 more months as CECs are getting processed quickly. A lot of Oct AORs already got they portal emails, and Nov should pick up steam by Feb.
Hang in there buddy.
Thanks for your advice! Very appreciate it!