+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I prove my funds in other currencies Yuan, for example, to visa officer??

Gulshan999

Apr 30, 2018
Hi. I am applying to study permit and we got a bank account in China, and their only currency operating within Chinese Banks is Chinese Yuan. They cannot provide me a bank statement in CAD neither to write in other currencies but Yuan. Won't it cause any issues with my student visa if showing my funds in Yuan? Please help me to understand this

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hi. I am applying to study permit and we got a bank account in China, and their only currency operating within Chinese Banks is Chinese Yuan. They cannot provide me a bank statement in CAD neither to write in other currencies but Yuan. Won't it cause any issues with my student visa if showing my funds in Yuan? Please help me to understand this
You will to provide translated bank statements as well. What bank are you using?

gio1234

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
I dont believe he will need any translation, the officer will be able to convert and remember that this is the type of bank statement they see everyday so they will be any to know how much local currency is equivalent.

Gulshan999

Apr 30, 2018
Bank of China. It's in 2 languages (Ch and English) But money written only in Chinese Yuan, there's not equivalent in CAD and USD since they don't provide them

Gulshan999

Apr 30, 2018
S
I dont believe he will need any translation, the officer will be able to convert and remember that this is the type of bank statement they see everyday so they will be any to know how much local currency is equivalent.
So you think Visa Officer will convert currency himself?