+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I process only for my kids without spouse

Ammusri

Oct 12, 2019
Hi,
I am planning for Canada PR. Checking with few consultants and hearing difference answers.
I am eligible for Canada PR as per the initial assessment but my question is,
1. Can I apply for myself and my kids alone without applying for my hubby?
2. If yes, do I require any documents (like No objection certificate, passport, etc) from my husband? Does he have to undergo medical test during the application process.

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I am planning for Canada PR. Checking with few consultants and hearing difference answers.
I am eligible for Canada PR as per the initial assessment but my question is,
1. Can I apply for myself and my kids alone without applying for my hubby?
2. If yes, do I require any documents (like No objection certificate, passport, etc) from my husband? Does he have to undergo medical test during the application process.

Thanks.
1. Yes - you can. Youw would list your husband as non-accompanying.
2. Yes - he must complete the medical and provide PCCs. Yes - he must provide a no objection letter.

Ammusri

Oct 12, 2019
Hi,

Thank you for the reply.
Would like to know do we have any other options.
He is not willing to migrate and hence will not support me as well.

Or, if I apply alone now and get a PR, later can I take my kids alone?

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

Thank you for the reply.
Would like to know do we have any other options.
He is not willing to migrate and hence will not support me as well.

Or, if I apply alone now and get a PR, later can I take my kids alone?

Thanks.
If you are still married to your husband, it's mandatory that you include him in your application and that he pass the medical and provide PCCs. You cannot apply as single - this is misrepresentation and will get you refused and banned from Canada. If you want to exclude your husband from your application - your only choice is to legally separate from him or file for a divorce through the court system in your country. You will need to provide IRCC with official paperwork to show that you have either legally separated or have divorced / are in the process of divorcing.

Even if you separate from your husband or divorce him, you will still need his written permission to bring your children to Canada either now or later. The only way you can bring them to Canada without his written consent is if you obtain sole legally custody of your children through the court system in your country.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would also mention that being a single parent is very hard and expensive. I’m not sure if your children are younger but things like daycare, after/before school childcare and childcare during the summer or summer camps are necessary if you work full-time but also extremely expensive. In order to support 2 children, especially they are in elementary school or younger, will require a very good income or you may really struggle. Some hear about free schooling and child benefit but not the going rate for daycare is $1500+/month (I know many people paying +2k/month in Toronto) in many cities or summer camps at around $500/week/child. School is a few hours shorter than the typical work day and summer holidays are around 10 weeks. Many workers have 2-3 weeks of holidays per year. Based on the age of your children I would look at whether it makes sense to immigrate at this time.