+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I pay for someone else's TRV for Canada ?

khanim

May 3, 2018
Hi,
I would really appreciate if someone can tell me if I can pay online fee ($100) for someone else using my credit card . They will then include that receipt while submitting their documents to VFS .

Regards,
Imran

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,
I would really appreciate if someone can tell me if I can pay online fee ($100) for someone else using my credit card . They will then include that receipt while submitting their documents to VFS .

Regards,
Imran
Yes, you can pay the fees for the applicant using your credit card

Last edited:
Reactions: Gurpreetji2000

khanim

May 3, 2018
Thanks a lot Bryanna .
One more clarification . It’s like the person applying has to create an account on the Cic website and perform the online payment using my credit card , right ?
It’s not like I can make the payment for that person using my cic account .
Kindly clarify .

Imran

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks a lot Bryanna .
One more clarification . It’s like the person applying has to create an account on the Cic website and perform the online payment using my credit card , right ?
No, you do not need to share your credit card details with the applicant.

From the IRCC website, here's how you can make an online payment for that person's application:
If you are paying online for a paper application:
  1. Select your fee category.
  2. When you get to the fee table, select the fees you want to pay by putting a number in the “Quantity” column.
  3. When you reach the “Summary of Fees” page, select “Login and Pay”. You will be asked to log in or register for a new payment account.
  4. After you log in, you will go to an external Web page to enter your payment details. Once your payment is completed, a receipt will be emailed to you.
After you pay online, submit proof of payment with your application:
  1. Print a copy of your receipt.
  2. Write your application number or your Client ID Number on the back of your receipt. If you do not know them or a number has not been assigned to you yet, write your full name and address instead.
  3. Include a copy of the receipt with your application.

It does not matter if the name on the receipt does not match the name on the application. IRCC will check only to see if the correct amount has been paid online for that visa application

Reactions: bellaluna

khanim

May 3, 2018
Hi Bryanna ,
Is it possible for me to apply online for a TRV for my parents ? what is the procedure for that ? Does the CAN + holds good in online applications also ?

Regards,
Imran .

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Is it possible for me to apply online for a TRV for my parents ?
Yes, you can apply on behalf of your parents. They would need to sign the 'Use of representative' forms to authorize you.

what is the procedure for that ?
You can start here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html

Does the CAN + holds good in online applications also ?
If your parents hold passports that allow for CAN+ processing then yes. You'll need to scan the entry stamps for any visits to the US/Canada in the last 10 years and/or any valid US visa.... include this in the cover letter and request for CAN+ processing

Reactions: khanim

khanim

May 3, 2018
Yes, you can apply on behalf of your parents. They would need to sign the 'Use of representative' forms to authorize you.

You can start here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html

If your parents hold passports that allow for CAN+ processing then yes. You'll need to scan the entry stamps for any visits to the US/Canada in the last 10 years and/or any valid US visa.... include this in the cover letter and request for CAN+ processing
Thanks a Lot Bryanna .

khanim

May 3, 2018
Hi Bryanna ,
One more question . My parents are applying under CAN+ program as they do have a valid US visitor visa and have the entry stamps as well from our visit to USA in 2017 .
Now, do they really have to produce a marriage certificate ?

regards,
Imran