+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i open a bank account with no address ?

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
HI

Could anybody who are sure from this question answer me plzzz

upon landing i want to open a bank account (the next day) as i will bring my money in cash and dont want to keep with me .

IS it TRUE THAT THE BANK WILL NOT OPEN A BANK ACCOUNT FOR ME UNLESS I HAVE A PERMENANT ADDRESS?! I intend to only stay in toronto for 3 weeks , so could you please confirm to me if its possible to open a bank account the 2nd day of landing ?

vehla_ji

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Calgary AB Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20 march 15
Just for safe side get lease paper or rent receipt where you will be staying and show in a bank for address but normally they don't ask for proff of address you just tell them you will be staying at this address and they gonna put in system and make sure get online banking so you can change anytime.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They need an address to mail your debit card. But you can give them any address and then you update it. They will ask you for your passport and landing papers.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Can I use an address of a friend or even my country address !

In regards to credit card mailing , can I ask them to keep in bank and I will pick it up?

Do u have idea how many days it tak to deliver the credit card

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cooldoc80 said:

In regards to credit card mailing , can I ask them to keep in bank and I will pick it up?

You can give them the Stephen Harper's address if you want but it has to be a Canadian address not from your home country.

I didn't say credit card mailing, I said debit card. RBC branch gave me a temporary debit card on the spot and they mailed the "normal" debit card like in 2 weeks.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........

vehla_ji

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Calgary AB Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20 march 15
cooldoc80 said:

you need a canadian address and for Debit card and Credit card yes you can request them to hold your card in branch and you can pickup and time when bank opened. make sure call Head office aka toll free number or customer service asap you opened your account to make sure don't mail anywhere just hold in branch. if you need number or branch locator or other advice let me know.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Thanks buddy

I will ask them to keep in branch as its easier for me . I will be landing in toronto and opening bank account there, could i open bank account with same address im using in my pr mailing address ( which is edmonton ) ?

Also could you please let me know which banks in canada offer an ( on the spot ) debit card which i could get right away and use i canada instead of travelling with cash on me ?

Thanks for your help

vehla_ji

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Calgary AB Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20 march 15
cooldoc80 said:
Thanks buddy

I will ask them to keep in branch as its easier for me . I will be landing in toronto and opening bank account there, could i open bank account with same address im using in my pr mailing address ( which is edmonton ) ?

Also could you please let me know which banks in canada offer an ( on the spot ) debit card which i could get right away and use i canada instead of travelling with cash on me ?

Thanks for your help
yes you can use same address and all banks will gave you temporary cards right away and you can use at anytime .

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Thank u ever so much Vella-ji

Dear neutral , I know these questions may seem weird to most of people who live in normal countries but this unfortunately does not imply to my torn up country .

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
You can open the account with the address you will be staying upon landing.
Ask them to hold your cards at branch and you should collect from them once they call you to inform you card has come.
TD Bank does that.

I did the same when I landed.
As said before, get online access and change the address as and when you change your location.
Should not be an issue.

vehla_ji

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Calgary AB Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20 march 15
if you open an account with BMO bank they gave you debit card right away and they dont send any other card later coz that card is your final card.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
thats right vehla , i guess most banks give you debit card on the spot , but regarding credit card i'm sure bmo dosent offer that on the spot ?!!!!

vehla_ji

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Calgary AB Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20 march 15
not all of them just BMO does rest gave you temporary debits. no no one gonna gave you cc right away. you have to wait and apply for it but trust me got for bmo or rbc they will gave you easily.