Talha Shariq

Jan 7, 2019
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
30-01-2019
AOR Received.
25-03-2019
Hi there
So i have a situation which I was expecting many people might be facing, however i could not find a relevant question posed by anyone

My question is I need to get an experience or employment letter from my employer/ ex-employer for the Express entry program (through CRS points system)

All my work experience is falling in same NOC ( so i dont have any issue there )
6 Years - Company 1 (2010 - 2016)
2 Years - Company 2 ( 2016 - till date)

Now, to get max points, i need to show 3+ years experience.
I do not want to indicate or highlight the fact that i am looking for immigration in my current employment which could affect my increments/bonus etc... hence i wanted to know....

1. Can I ONLY show my first company (where i worked 6 years) as my work experience in the Express entry profile?
2. Do i need to show my current employment? Is that a requirement? Is it ok if i show it in my personal details where i am working now?
3. If i show my previous company, do you also need Pay slips? I might not have them.

Has anyone experienced and tried the application like this? by not showing current employment and only putting old employment in experience section of Express entry

Do note, i can easily get a Employment letter with all details from previous employer much easily. So thats a much better option for me.

Let me know guys, if anyone has gone thru this and any help / suggestion would be highly appreciated

Thanks

monkeyspanner

Sep 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
25-10-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Passport Req..
19-12-2017
Which EE strand are you intending to apply for? e.g. CEC qualifying Canadaian experience has to be within the last 3 years and a letter from each employer would be required. Is all the experience you list within Canada?

Talha Shariq

Jan 7, 2019
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
30-01-2019
AOR Received.
25-03-2019
Which EE strand are you intending to apply for? e.g. CEC qualifying Canadaian experience has to be within the last 3 years and a letter from each employer would be required. Is all the experience you list within Canada?
Hi, I have all foreign experience. I am applying from UAE
Its the Skilled worker program i believe through which i will be applying.
The 3+ years requirement i saw was on the CRS calculator.

monkeyspanner

Sep 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
25-10-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Passport Req..
19-12-2017
Ok so here are the minimum entry requirements for FSW program http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=689&top=29 relevant section is:
"Skilled work experience
You must have at least one year, in the last ten years before you submit your electronic application for permanent residence, of continuous full-time work experience (or the equivalent in continuous part-time work) in a skilled occupation listed in Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B of the 2016 version of Canada’s National Occupational Classification (NOC)."

So any full time (30hours per week or more) continuous employment in the last 10 years prior to your application. If 3 years of the 6 year potentially qualifying employment are within the 10year period you should be OK. Some employers will not give letters so IRCC should not find that you do not have a letter from your current employer.

Talha Shariq

Jan 7, 2019
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
30-01-2019
AOR Received.
25-03-2019
Ok so here are the minimum entry requirements for FSW program http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=689&top=29 relevant section is:
"Skilled work experience
You must have at least one year, in the last ten years before you submit your electronic application for permanent residence, of continuous full-time work experience (or the equivalent in continuous part-time work) in a skilled occupation listed in Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B of the 2016 version of Canada’s National Occupational Classification (NOC)."

So any full time (30hours per week or more) continuous employment in the last 10 years prior to your application. If 3 years of the 6 year potentially qualifying employment are within the 10year period you should be OK. Some employers will not give letters so IRCC should not find that you do not have a letter from your current employer.
Great.. Thanks for your answer. Just a doubt on your last line "Some employers will not give letters so IRCC should not find that you do not have a letter from your current employer"

What do you mean? Do you mean they need to see something from current employer too? I have employment letter, mentioning my salary/ position etc and a contract with them.. just that I do not have (or dont want to) get an experience letter from them to raise suspicion on me trying for immigration

Thanks

monkeyspanner

Sep 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
25-10-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Passport Req..
19-12-2017
Great.. Thanks for your answer. Just a doubt on your last line "Some employers will not give letters so IRCC should not find that you do not have a letter from your current employer"

What do you mean? Do you mean they need to see something from current employer too? I have employment letter, mentioning my salary/ position etc and a contract with them.. just that I do not have (or dont want to) get an experience letter from them to raise suspicion on me trying for immigration

Thanks
My meaning was that it is not always possible for applicants to obtain an appropriate letter so it would not appear unusual to IRCC not to claim a period of employment. In your employment history section of your PR application you do not need to list employments for which you are not claiming CRS points. However there is a personal history section in the PR application in which you will need to declare your personal activities (e.g. employed, unemployed, travel etc.) and you can list your current employment in that section. The personal history section does not require evidence unless requested by IRCC when your PR application is being assessed. There is also a section in the PR application in which you can upload a letter of explanation if you feel any part of your application needs additional information or explanation. Hope that helps.