+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I not include foreign work experience in my EE profile ?

psrikanthm

May 15, 2019
Hello everybody,

I have Masters from Canada and been working in Toronto for more than a year, so I am eligible to apply in CEC stream. I am filling my EE profile and have enough points to get invitation without adding my foreign work experience. Is it okay if I omit this in profile as I don't have reference letters for these in CIC format.

Same with my wife's education, can we say Education is None as we don't want to claim points for that ?

Questions:
1) Can I not include my foreign work experience in EE profile as I don't want to claim points for them ? Can include them in Personal history post ITA
2) Can I not include my Bachelor's education in EE profile as we are not claiming points for it as I also have Masters ?
3) Can I omit my wife's education and foreign work history from EE profile as we don't want to claim points for that ?

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
Hello everybody,

I have Masters from Canada and been working in Toronto for more than a year, so I am eligible to apply in CEC stream. I am filling my EE profile and have enough points to get invitation without adding my foreign work experience. Is it okay if I omit this in profile as I don't have reference letters for these in CIC format.

Same with my wife's education, can we say Education is None as we don't want to claim points for that ?

Questions:
1) Can I not include my foreign work experience in EE profile as I don't want to claim points for them ? Can include them in Personal history post ITA
Yes you can.
2) Can I not include my Bachelor's education in EE profile as we are not claiming points for it as I also have Masters ?
Yes, but include that in personal history.

3) Can I omit my wife's education and foreign work history from EE profile as we don't want to claim points for that ?
you can move those to personal history.

Hassan89

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Hello everybody,

Questions:
You can include whatever you want as long as you are not claiming points for it AND you mention everything in personal history.

Hassan89

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
You can include whatever you want as long as you are not claiming points for it AND you mention everything in personal history.
Also make sure that whatever you are omiting does bot affect your eligibility to the program you are applying for i.e CEC

Simran32

Jan 24, 2015
Hello everybody,

Questions:

So did you apply and receive PR without claiming work experience ? I am in a similar situation - completed my Masters degree from Canada and I have been working in Ontario for year now.But I have more than 4 yrs of experience back in my home country. However , I don't want to get into the hassle of obtaining reference letter from my companies as I already have a decent score without adding the points for my experience from back home.Also if you/someone on this forum can share information about below listed :
1. I have read in a separate forum that If you have mentioned about your experience while applying student visa /TRV (which I have) then you should apply in EE mentioning your experience otherwise it some sort of misrepresentation ? Is this true ?
2. If you didnt claim past experience scores for EE and just mentioned about them in personal history - what supporting documents did you submit and did you submit any letter of explanation , explaining why you are not claiming these points ?