+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i move to Canada without spouse though I am the main applicant

shuchana

Oct 20, 2015
I am in the last stage of PR application.I am the main applicant of the PR application.

I have a son and our married life is facing terrible problem right now.My husband is so much abusive that i decided not to continue this relationship anymore. After getting PR ,I want to move with my son to Canada.

While landing/moving to Canada, If my husband does not come with me, is it effect my application? Because, i mentioned in application that my dependent is my son and my husband and they would accompany me.
I have a plan to file a divorce later on, because it may take long time processing and i suppose when the Passport request would come, i would not have that much time.

hpreet007

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Punjab, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July, 2015 received by CIO
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
May, 2015
AOR Received.
Sep, 2015
IELTS Request
Not Yet
File Transfer...
Sep, 2015
LANDED..........
Soon
shuchana said:
I am in the last stage of PR application.I am the main applicant of the PR application.

I have a son and our married life is facing terrible problem right now.My husband is so much abusive that i decided not to continue this relationship anymore. After getting PR ,I want to move with my son to Canada.

While landing/moving to Canada, If my husband does not come with me, is it effect my application? Because, i mentioned in application that my dependent is my son and my husband and they would accompany me.
I have a plan to file a divorce later on, because it may take long time processing and i suppose when the Passport request would come, i would not have that much time.
Hi,

First of all dont breakup Plz. The other thing is u can go alone. I think its not a issue.

Any other plz suggest.

Thanks

shuchana

Oct 20, 2015
hpreet007 said:
Hi,

First of all dont breakup Plz. The other thing is u can go alone. I think its not a issue.

Any other plz suggest.

Thanks
Thanks for the reply.Actually nowadays he is torturing mentally and physically that i can not tolerate any more.I dont think i can stay with him anymore.I am really tensed and i want to get rid of this person. :(
any other pls suggest.

htokyo

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2015
AOR Received.
02-09-2015
Med's Request
15-10-2015
Med's Done....
26-10-2015 (medical results received)
Passport Req..
24-02-2016 (DM 26-02-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP submitted Feb 29, visa received Mar 18
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
shuchana said:

Sorry to hear about your story!

My recommendation is that be patient until you get the visa. After that, you land Canada together with your son (without the presence of your husband is not a problem).

Please also be careful as your husband might file a request to stop you from going abroad with your son if you file a divorce!

This might vary country by country. So, if possible, ask your attorney at law

grimano

Oct 11, 2015
I think you have to get a signed consent from your husband that he is allowing your son to come with you. Forgot where I read this so look into it.

delta304

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are main applicant then you can come without your spouse in canada.
Just give careful answer if border office ask. just tell my husband has some
personal issue which need to sort out or say something which suitable instead of your
realtionship. you can ask to local lawyer what should tell is better.
it will not affect your entry . I wouldnt suggest about relation should carry on or not. .
its matter about respect woman which your husband doesnt . good luck for your new life

shuchana

Oct 20, 2015
delta304 said:
If you are main applicant then you can come without your spouse in canada.
Just give careful answer if border office ask. just tell my husband has some
personal issue which need to sort out or say something which suitable instead of your
realtionship. you can ask to local lawyer what should tell is better.
it will not affect your entry . I wouldnt suggest about relation should carry on or not. .
its matter about respect woman which your husband doesnt . good luck for your new life
Thanks delta for the advice, i will do so....pls wish me luck

shuchana

Oct 20, 2015
htokyo said:
Sorry to hear about your story!

My recommendation is that be patient until you get the visa. After that, you land Canada together with your son (without the presence of your husband is not a problem).

Please also be careful as your husband might file a request to stop you from going abroad with your son if you file a divorce!

This might vary country by country. So, if possible, ask your attorney at law
thanks htokyo for the advice. pls wish me luck.

htokyo

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2015
AOR Received.
02-09-2015
Med's Request
15-10-2015
Med's Done....
26-10-2015 (medical results received)
Passport Req..
24-02-2016 (DM 26-02-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP submitted Feb 29, visa received Mar 18
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
shuchana said:
thanks htokyo for the advice. pls wish me luck.
Sure. Wish you all the best!

NewtoPR

Jun 3, 2014
shuchana said:

Since you are main applicant you can land alone /with family (son) without any issues....so there is nothing to worry....
Second you don't need any consent document unless your husband has raised any legal action against you.........only in ur home country they may ask....bcoz my wife always travel with my daughter alone so many time and she was never asked my consent .......we did made once but no one asked in my home country or in canada....

Hope you have happy landing...

ericczed

Feb 2, 2014
just new in this forum..I just have some query regarding with the possible medical assessment of my 3rd son..he might be declared inadmissible
due to "excessive demand on health and social services". he has a lot of medical issues.. but just in case our medical are all ok and his medical are the one who has issue, can I still proceed with the application leaving my wife and my son (who has medical issue) and bringing along with me my 2 other kids..

thank you for the response..it is highly appreciated..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ericczed said:
just new in this forum..I just have some query regarding with the possible medical assessment of my 3rd son..he might be declared inadmissible
due to "excessive demand on health and social services". he has a lot of medical issues.. but just in case our medical are all ok and his medical are the one who has issue, can I still proceed with the application leaving my wife and my son (who has medical issue) and bringing along with me my 2 other kids..

thank you for the response..it is highly appreciated..
No - you can't. Everyone in the family must pass the medical in order for your PR visas to be approved. If one individual in your family fails the medical, then the entire family is refused.

ericczed

Feb 2, 2014
scylla said:
No - you can't. Everyone in the family must pass the medical in order for your PR visas to be approved. If one individual in your family fails the medical, then the entire family is refused.
Yah, I figure that out later actually..Is there in any case that the inadmissible decision is reversed..hope someone could give me insights in order for me to still hope for that our application will succeed soon..

shuchana

Oct 20, 2015
NewtoPR said:
Since you are main applicant you can land alone /with family (son) without any issues....so there is nothing to worry....
Second you don't need any consent document unless your husband has raised any legal action against you.........only in ur home country they may ask....bcoz my wife always travel with my daughter alone so many time and she was never asked my consent .......we did made once but no one asked in my home country or in canada....

Hope you have happy landing...
Thx a lot for the reply.

Cantilangnonako

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 22, 2015
Doc's Request.
April 23, 2015
Nomination.....
Aug. 14, 2015
AOR Received.
Jan. 07, 2015
IELTS Request
Included in Application
Med's Request
June 30, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
April 2012
I think you will be fine if you come here in Canada with only your son. Just tell to the officer the real situation with you and your husband.

You better call CIC Call center and explain your situation to the agent. For you to be at ease.