+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I move my Refugee claim file form Montreal to Toronto ?

Cadsanjeev

May 25, 2018
well i will tell you what I know about this, I entered Montreal March last year and make my claim but when I got my work permit I moved to Alberta

Well i know for sure that you can move your case to any Provence of your choice. I entered Montreal March 2019 and as soon I got my work permit I moved to Alberta I updated my address but didn't move my case so I get every mail that the government sent to me. My lawyer is still in Montreal and she also get copies of every mail too. But I will advise you not to move your case because Montreal treat the Refugees different from other Provence because they are use to Refugees. There is so many benefits that you will get in Montreal which you may not get elsewhere but when it comes to jobs . I think English speaking part will be much favorable for anyone that speaks English. It will cost you money to travel to Montreal whenever they schedule your hearing but I think the outcome will be better. Because my was. And I wish you guys all the best of luck.
Mee too , claimant in Montreal and working in Toronto on payroll, but people say that makes my case week as working in other province isn't allowed. Enlighten please

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Mee too , claimant in Montreal and working in Toronto on payroll, but people say that makes my case week as working in other province isn't allowed. Enlighten please
If you have a private lawyer you are fine if your case remains in Quebec. It just creates complications for you since you have to drive a long time to get your case heard. If you are using Quebec legal aid it is an issue.

lovable247

Mar 24, 2024
please can anyone advice me here,
i make my claim in Quebec and have gotten my brown paper and work permit i am planning moving to other province like Manitoba. I am on welfare already what can be my next step. Can i only change my address and not transfer my case file because i have already paid my private lawyer. please can i get a Advice as to what to do i dont mind coming back for my hearing
I moving because of Language issue and lack of job opportunity please come to my aid

thanks in anticipation

lovable247

Mar 24, 2024
I dont wish to stay too long on social assistance , they have paid me like 4 times now and i really want to work and pursue my caregiver job as to help on my hearing date because I learnt that Canada government announce that is you can work as a care giver for one year then you are qualify for PR