+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i migrate to CANADA ? HELP ME

usman4443

May 27, 2006
Dear All,
I am basically resident of Pakistan.and have completed my 4 year graduation degree in Electrical Engineering from University of Engineering & Technology Lahore,Pakistan since Nov. 2005 and now working in Telecommunication copmany ("Ufone PTML" Mobile Operator in Pakistan) as a Executive Engineer since last six months. My Uncle is living in CANADA (permanent redident) since last 12 years and he is sponsoring me to immigrate here i.e. Canada ,
Can any one tell the procedure how to apply plz in detail , all the expenses info , and steps to process immigratiom?
And if me migrated to Canada , which insitute will be preferable to me if i want to do MS in Telecom ,MBA , etc. so that i could get job?and what type of Part time jobs are available ?

asm

May 30, 2006
Dear Usman,

If your uncle is going to sponsor you then he has to initiate the process first, he has to fill the forms that will be sent to you first for signature and submitted to Mississauga Office and once it will be cleared from there then the process will start at Islamabad High Commission...

Please take some time go through the www.cic.gc.ca over here you will find the complete information about the whole process..

If you do a little Google search for top universities in Canada you will find your answer regarding where to study.

Thank you and best of luck...

asm

May 30, 2006
Dear Usman,

There is a saying in SERIAKI Language "Apni Ghot te Nasha Thewai". The message in this saying is if you want to achieve something than you have to struggle yourself. You can ask for guidance from others but until and unless you will not struggle yourself you may not be successful.

If you uncle is not sponsoring you then you can apply under skilled worker category and you can claim 5 points for your uncle...only if he is your real uncle and if you can prove it with some solid documentation.

For full details and guidance on how to apply and what is required surf the web site cic.gc.ca on this web site you will find everything like guide, application forms, checklist. Take some time out from your busy schedule and surf the site thoroughly and if you need further guidance, you can ask.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

asm said:
Dear Usman,

If your uncle is going to sponsor you then he has to initiate the process first, he has to fill the forms that will be sent to you first for signature and submitted to Mississauga Office and once it will be cleared from there then the process will start at Islamabad High Commission...

Please take some time go through the www.cic.gc.ca over here you will find the complete information about the whole process..

If you do a little Google search for top universities in Canada you will find your answer regarding where to study.

Thank you and best of luck...
You can't be sponsored by an Uncle, he can get 5 additional points for a relative in Canada. He would need his birth certificate, his uncles birth certificate, and depending on whether it is mothers or fathers brother that persons bc. He would also require proof that the Uncle is legally residing in Canada.

PMM

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
prvc said:
Uhm. Yes, I think you can be sponsored by an uncle, depending on the circumstances.

My husband was sponsored by his uncle under the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program. His uncle was just a Permanent Resident at that time. In fact, the uncle sponsored two people at a time, my husband and his brother. Now they are both living in Canada. The application took about 15-20 months I think, and they landed in 2014.
That was not sponsorship. Some PNP programs allow for family/friends to be used to show that a person has a connection to that province and will therefore be better able to adapt to living there; the family member or friend will sign an agreement stating that they will take responsibility for the person settling in the province. However, the applicant must still meet the usual economic immigration requirements such as language ability, work experience, education etc.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
prvc said:
Oh, is that right? I thought it was under sponsorship as well, because that's what my hubby tells me all the time..that he was "sponsored" by his uncle.

My mistake, I apologize. +1 to you for shedding some light.
Many people use the term "sponsored" a bit broadly not knowing it has a specific meaning for immigration. For example, students and foreign workers will often ask about "sponsoring" their spouses for work permits, people will ask about family members "sponsoring" them for study permits etc.

Your husband immigrated through an economic stream, PNP. Though not considered a sponsor by IRCC, the uncle did support your husband's application, which was a big contribution.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Out of curiosity, why did you bump up this thread from 2006?

Many people say they were sponsored by relatives through PNP, but that's not exactly the case. It's still an economic stream, but with some bonus points/support from relatives.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
MilesAway said:
Out of curiosity, why did you bump up this thread from 2006?

Many people say they were sponsored by relatives through PNP, but that's not exactly the case. It's still an economic stream, but with some bonus points/support from relatives.
Pvrc was probably just searching different topics in the forum and didn't notice the dates of this thread until after posting.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
canuck_in_uk said:
Pvrc was probably just searching different topics in the forum and didn't notice the dates of this thread until after posting.
Fair enough. The search function on this site tends to give you the ancient results, while completely ignoring the recent/relevant ones. That's why I usually use Google.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
MilesAway said:
Fair enough. The search function on this site tends to give you the ancient results, while completely ignoring the recent/relevant ones. That's why I usually use Google.
Yeah, the search function is pretty bad. I've always used Google as well.

prvc said:
Somebody posted before me and I just forgot the username. When I posted my reply, that person's post was gone without me realizing it much sooner.

This thread has a "NEW" icon at the time I found it, so I though it was a new one. I was actually surprised when I found out it was from 2006. :) Somebody might have realized it was an old one and deleted their post
Ah. Well, you aren't the first to post on an old thread someone else bumped up.