+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I merge letters from an employer into single document

mechphd

Jun 30, 2020
Hello,

Posting on behalf of my wife. She has received her ITA and in the process of collecting documents. This question concerns an Experience letter from one of her employers, TCS.

- She was working with TCS until 2017, and upon leaving she was provided with a service letter.
- She received her ITA this year (2020) and requested TCS to send her an experience letter which they sent a few weeks back.

So now she has two types of letters, issued in different years but pertaining to the same position and work. Her salary is not mentioned in the experience letter, but is mentioned in the service letter. Can we combine both these letters into a single PDF document and upload that as employment record related to TCS ?

Thank You

ankitagoyal

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Vancouver
Hello,

Posting on behalf of my wife. She has received her ITA and in the process of collecting documents. This question concerns an Experience letter from one of her employers, TCS.

- She was working with TCS until 2017, and upon leaving she was provided with a service letter.
- She received her ITA this year (2020) and requested TCS to send her an experience letter which they sent a few weeks back.

So now she has two types of letters, issued in different years but pertaining to the same position and work. Her salary is not mentioned in the experience letter, but is mentioned in the service letter. Can we combine both these letters into a single PDF document and upload that as employment record related to TCS ?

Thank You
Yes, you may combine both the letters. If you do not meet the requirements of the IRCC reference letter, I,e. salary number of hours etc., and you demonstrate it by extrinsic evidence, eg. pay slips etc, then you should include a LoE explaining that as per the employer's policy salary is not listed, and thus you are providing the pay slips, offer letter, etc

mechphd

Jun 30, 2020
Yes, you may combine both the letters. If you do not meet the requirements of the IRCC reference letter, I,e. salary number of hours etc., and you demonstrate it by extrinsic evidence, eg. pay slips etc, then you should include a LoE explaining that as per the employer's policy salary is not listed, and thus you are providing the pay slips, offer letter, etc
Ok, Thank you very much.