+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I leave my Job after fulfilling 1 year CEC?

danda

Mar 5, 2018
Hey everyone just wondering if i fulfilled my work requirements for CEC can I leave my job and become a self-employed person working a 100% commission-based job, I don't like working for employers and I want to do my own thing, I have already sent my profile for express entry my employer is willing to provide me with the necessary documentation and I can leave on good terms.

Will leaving affect my application or do I have to stay until I get an invitation for PR? Will this also affect my application and result in denial or cic doesn't care?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey everyone just wondering if i fulfilled my work requirements for CEC can I leave my job and become a self-employed person working a 100% commission-based job, I don't like working for employers and I want to do my own thing, I have already sent my profile for express entry my employer is willing to provide me with the necessary documentation and I can leave on good terms.

Will leaving affect my application or do I have to stay until I get an invitation for PR? Will this also affect my application and result in denial or cic doesn't care?
CEC doesn't require that you be employed.

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019

I don't think it matters as long as you full fill all the criteria for CEC. Tagging experts @jes_ON, @scylla for their opinions.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

CEC is pass/fail. You either meet the requirements based on past activity, or you don´t. CRS points are mostly the same, albeit you should not be making a claim of having a future job offer if you plan on leaving the employer. If you are 100% certain you have fulfilled the minimum entry criteria (MEC) and program requirements, then there´s no reason you cannot quit.

Whether you can change employers and/or work as self-employed, depends on your work permit. If you have an open work permit, then you can proceed.

While true self-employment in Canada cannot be used for CRS points, commission-based employment is a recognized form of remunerated employment. It would just depend on the arrangements you have with your future employer/client.

faisalshaikhpro

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......

No it will dosent affect on your PR file. You can change or leave your job after 1 year of experience, there is no need to stay at the same work place until you get your invitation but if you think that your points are not enough to take a place in next fool. I recommend you please continue with current employer and do not be self-employed until ITA