+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I leave my job after applying for CEC?

Irina_ua

Sep 4, 2019
guys, help needed
I received an ITA under the CEC program. I completed my 1 year of canadian experience and my work permit expired but i still live in canada as a visitor. can I still continue with my application?

sandeep0189

Jun 29, 2020
I am also under the same situation. This is what I believe, there are 2 different situations:
1. You had more than 1 year experience under NOC 0,A,B and applied for PR. You then got your invitation, and sent a letter from your employee proving that you worked there or having been working there for more than 1 year, you got the points. Done!! there is no attachment between you and your company, no LMIA, no sponsor, no Closed Work Visa. You are Free to go.

2. You asked your company to sponsor you, give you LMIA for PR or for a work vista, or anything that may have you attached to your company, then you can't leave until the process is ended.

My concern about #1 is that if you leave, and by any chance IRCC/CIC ask you for any extra document about your process that may require the help of your company again, there is a good chance they won't give it to you. Thats why is so hard for me to decide to leave.

what if a person applied under provincial nominee and approved then applies to express entry can he switch his job

Shefinnazar

Aug 31, 2020
Based on what I know, if you lose or leave your job and you become unemployed, you will have to notify IRCC of this, as losing your job will involve a recalculation of your score. If you lose too many points, you may risk. If your new score is below the minimum score accepted for Express Entry draw the time you got selected, your application may be rejected.

Even if your new score is still above the threshold for your EE draw, I believe you may still experience some delays in your application processing, but probably nothing more than that.
How come if he applied under express PNP it may possible but CEC category he got points already from the past experience then how come if he quit the job now affects his PR application?

Iammanythings

Feb 1, 2019
I have applied for permanent residence with a closed work permit can i apply for an opened work permit?.
My employer is treating to fire me and I still have 1 year on the closed one. What can I do please.

Iammanythings

Feb 1, 2019
I have applied for permanent residence under FSW with a closed work permit can i apply for an opened work permit?.
My employer is treatning to fire me and I still have 1 year on the closed work permit. What can I do please.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have applied for permanent residence under FSW with a closed work permit can i apply for an opened work permit?.
My employer is treatning to fire me and I still have 1 year on the closed work permit. What can I do please.
Have you received an ITA? If so no, you are not eligible for an open work permit since you have one year left on your closed work permit. You can only apply for a BOWP within 4 months of expiry.

Iammanythings

Feb 1, 2019
Have you received an ITA? If so no, you are not eligible for an open work permit since you have one year left on your closed work permit. You can only apply for a BOWP within 4 months of expiry.

I recieved an ITA in December 2020 and submitted my permanent residency application Jan 2021.

sri_e

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
One cannot have a valid job offer on a PGWP.
Hello DelPiero07,

I am in the same situation my file is under process CEC inland, AOR April 3rd 2021.

I am on PGWP, now I have a new offer from an employer-based from Gatineau Quebec,

They are expecting me to commute to the office once things are normal.

My current application status is criminality passed, I am wondering if I can accept this offer move to nearby Ottawa, commute to the office till I get COPR?

Also, once I have accepted the offer, should I update about this to IRCC or should I update once I have moved to a new address from the current address to commute to the office?

Please help, Thank you.

NAREN1251

May 26, 2021
hi,
I have applied for PR application recently and the employment letter i have submitted says I'm still working in my company.
can i quit my job now? if So, do i have to inform CIC about this?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hi,
I have applied for PR application recently and the employment letter i have submitted says I'm still working in my company.
can i quit my job now? if So, do i have to inform CIC about this?
What permit are you on? Did you claim points for the job?

bibizena

Apr 18, 2018
Hi guys, I applied under CEC and claimed points for job offer and LMIA , however I was on Open Work Permit (never used LMIA for WP). Now I’m waiting final decision on my PR process. Do you know if I can resign with no consequences. Should I wait after get PR or do I hace to stay working there for another year? HELLLLLPPPP I’m feeling miserable right now at my job. Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi guys, I applied under CEC and claimed points for job offer and LMIA , however I was on Open Work Permit (never used LMIA for WP). Now I’m waiting final decision on my PR process. Do you know if I can resign with no consequences. Should I wait after get PR or do I hace to stay working there for another year? HELLLLLPPPP I’m feeling miserable right now at my job. Thank you
If you claimed points then you can’t leave your job until you have received PR. If you don’t claim the points would you still have received ITA?