+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I leave Canada within a week after LANDING ?

sarimraza

May 23, 2012
Dear

If landing i will have SIN card and COPR, but i think will take 2 months to get PR card.

FIrst question

Does PR card come in mail or do we have to go pick it ?

Second

If we leave canada and later its mailed, can we give relatives address or ask relative to pick up PR cards ?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The PR card is mailed. Yes - you can give your relative's address.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
To answer your question, which is also the title of your thread, whether you can leave Canada within a week after landing, the answer is yes, but with the following caveats.

1. Since the PR card is the *only* document that shall allow re-entry to Canada, you must be in possession of it as well when you are asked during boarding in foreign soil.

2. Since you don't have your PR card, you can apply for a one-time travel document that affirms you've landed. This, however, takes some time. You can opt for an emergency travel document application, but you must have a strong case for that. E.g. you must provide tickets and a good rationale.

3. I wouldn't advise it unless *really* necessary.

sarimraza

May 23, 2012
Well my question is that if I leave and give relatives address in canada, then relative can mail the card to me when i reach my home country, so I will be in posession of it when i land again in canada

Correct me if im wrong plz . .

Thanks

vrixer

Jun 8, 2010
hi there

my situation is somewhat related to the thread... my wife is in the USA and the immigration office already asked for her passport for visa stamping... (already approve of permanent residency) She plans to go home to the philippines first before landing here in canada.. Does she needs a travel document to enter canada or she just needs to land before her visa expires?

thanks