+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I leave Canada with a post-graduation work permit, without losing the permit

frankfurtvancouver

May 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After studying here in Canada, I will apply for the post-graduation work permit and as soon as I have the permit, I will leave Canada to travel through Australia for 3 months. I definitely want to do this, so it's basically decided. Can I even leave Canada with a post-gradation work permit for 3 months, without losing the permit?

Thank you

th3.rdx

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can always leave the country after getting TRV ... work permit stamped on your passport .

But i suggest you to get job letter with you if you're working somewhere . You might need it on the time of re-entry .

Hope it helps

frankfurtvancouver

May 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your answer. I also thought about leaving Canada directly after apply (to not lose any time). If I travel Australia while they process my post-graduation work permit and then they accept it, do I have to return to Canada as soon as they accept my application in order to not lose it? Or can I still travel Australia a month or so after Canada accepted my application?