+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I leave Canada now?

bettercallsaul.

Jul 6, 2019
I received electronic CoPR letter in June, I don’t have any counterfoil in passport.
Applied for first PR card in June as well, but I assume I’ll receive it in October.

Can I travel to home country, while my or card here in processing?
Assume I apply for prtd, is there any chances of rejection/ or pr revocation?
Ive heard somewhere here that cic might represent it as I abandoning my pr or that’s not possible?

thank you

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
I received electronic CoPR letter in June, I don’t have any counterfoil in passport.
Applied for first PR card in June as well, but I assume I’ll receive it in October.

Ive heard somewhere here that cic might represent it as I abandoning my pr or that’s not possible?

thank you
You can always leave! The question to consider is what is the risk to you to re-enter when you are ready. At the moment international travel is a very uncertain thing. I am not sure if you will be able to board a flight without your actual card.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016

thank you
If you leave the country you will need either a PR card or PRTD to board a flight back.

Without either usual advice if you have a US visa would be back via the US Canada land border with your COPR. Not sure how this would work with electronic COPR but assume CBSA would know you are a PR much same.

Very unlikely a PRTD application would be rejected unless you make a mistake in completing the application . Note due COVID maybe expect extended processing times. There is no published time anyway even in normal times

You can leave the country any time you want and the only time your PR would be at risk on the return would be if you failed the 2 out of 5 year residency obligation which given you only became a PR in June you would have to be away through 2023 without returning for that to become an issue