+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i leave CANADA before getting PR card?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
MALLHI said:
Does the time period of 5 years, where we have to stay atleast two years in Canada to keep the PR status intact, starts from the day we land in Canada or does it starts from the PR visa date?
Day you land

Chef Sumit

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys I have a similar question. Please advise. So it is clear that once you do the first landing then you don't have to stay for long and PR card can be mailed to a friend who can then mail it to wherever you are in the world so that you have it with you when you do the second landing.

-Now my query is that how much time do we have before you return to Canada for second landing? In case we plan to activate our PR and return after a year or two then is it ok?

-Also can only the PA go and activate PR and the dependant can go with PA second time which could be after a year or two?

TIA

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chef Sumit said:
Hi guys I have a similar question. Please advise. So it is clear that once you do the first landing then you don't have to stay for long and PR card can be mailed to a friend who can then mail it to wherever you are in the world so that you have it with you when you do the second landing.

-Now my query is that how much time do we have before you return to Canada for second landing? In case we plan to activate our PR and return after a year or two then is it ok?

we can return after a gap. To retain PR u need 2 years out of 5 in Canada. So if you want to do it,
you have 3 years to return back.

-Also can only the PA go and activate PR and the dependant can go with PA second time which could be after a year or two?

Dependents also need to travel before COPR expires. Not sure about process to follow if this is not done.

TIA
My point of view inline above.