+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i leave CANADA before getting PR card?

rajeshrkldy

Apr 24, 2017
Hi
I got confirmation of permanent residence in CANADA.I have to reach there before May 16th 2017.
But right now i am not in a position to stay in Canada for long.Can i stay in Canada for 1 week and return before getting my PR card?....anyways i have to provide a mailing address to IRCC for getting my PR card. So can i ask my friend to collect it and send it to me?..should i be physicaly present there?
Do i require any document to leave CANADA before getting my PR card?..i mean if i have a passport and return ticket,can i leave canada before i get my PR card?

MALLHI

Star Member
Apr 29, 2010
PAKISTAN
rajeshrkldy said:
Hi
I got confirmation of permanent residence in CANADA.I have to reach there before May 16th 2017.
But right now i am not in a position to stay in Canada for long.Can i stay in Canada for 1 week and return before getting my PR card?....anyways i have to provide a mailing address to IRCC for getting my PR card. So can i ask my friend to collect it and send it to me?..should i be physicaly present there?
Do i require any document to leave CANADA before getting my PR card?..i mean if i have a passport and return ticket,can i leave canada before i get my PR card?
Hi Rajesh! When did you get your PR Visa and how long is the validity on it? I just want to know how much time we get once the PR visa is stamped to land in Canada? Is it 6 months or a year?

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MALLHI said:
Hi Rajesh! When did you get your PR Visa and how long is the validity on it? I just want to know how much time we get once the PR visa is stamped to land in Canada? Is it 6 months or a year?
Till you medical exams or passport are valid (whichever expires first).

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
MALLHI said:
Great, thanks!

eAPR is the acknowledgement of your submitted application of PR?
eAPR is electronic Application for PR. This the one where you fill the form and upload all your documents after getting ITA. Acknowledgement of Receipt of submission of eAPR is called AOR.

MALLHI

Star Member
Apr 29, 2010
PAKISTAN
Maverick28 said:
eAPR is electronic Application for PR. This the one where you fill the form and upload all your documents after getting ITA. Acknowledgement of Receipt of submission of eAPR is called AOR.
Thanks Buddy!

rajeshrkldy

Apr 24, 2017
Is it sure that i don't need to be physically present in CANADA when IRCC will be mailing my PR? will i be asked to pick my card personally or come to office before mailing my PR card?..or will they come for verification to the mailing address i have given?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
rajeshrkldy said:
Is it sure that i don't need to be physically present in CANADA when IRCC will be mailing my PR? will i be asked to pick my card personally or come to office before mailing my PR card?..or will they come for verification to the mailing address i have given?
At the time of landing, your mailing address will be verified by the officer and they will send the PR card there.

MALLHI

Star Member
Apr 29, 2010
PAKISTAN
Does the time period of 5 years, where we have to stay atleast two years in Canada to keep the PR status intact, starts from the day we land in Canada or does it starts from the PR visa date?

The PR cards can be mailed internationally by a friend who receives it on our behalf right? So that when we travel to Canada second time we do have the PR cards with us.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
MALLHI said:
Does the time period of 5 years, where we have to stay atleast two years in Canada to keep the PR status intact, starts from the day we land in Canada or does it starts from the PR visa date? Not sure about this.

The PR cards can be mailed internationally by a friend who receives it on our behalf right? So that when we travel to Canada second time we do have the PR cards with us. Yes