+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i land in Vancouver even if my school is in Toronto?

JabamiYumeki

Nov 4, 2020
I was planning to book a flight to Vancouver since that is where my mom and sister is. However my school is in Toronto. But since school starts in January. I wanted to spend time with them before i go to Toronto. Would that be a problem when i arrive and asked by immigration? Please help.

Areebabdullah

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
How early are you planning to travel since your classes start in January?

Also each province has their own rules, so you might have to quarantine again for 14 days when you reach Toronto

JabamiYumeki

Nov 4, 2020
First week of december my latest probably will be on Dec 10. I would probably stay there spend xmas with them then go to Toronto. But scared that i might encounter some issues in the immigration.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
I was planning to book a flight to Vancouver since that is where my mom and sister is. However my school is in Toronto. But since school starts in January. I wanted to spend time with them before i go to Toronto. Would that be a problem when i arrive and asked by immigration? Please help.
Your travel might be considered discreditory. It's best to land in Vancouver and quarantine there, and travel to see your friends afterwards

Areebabdullah

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
First week of december my latest probably will be on Dec 10. I would probably stay there spend xmas with them then go to Toronto. But scared that i might encounter some issues in the immigration.
Won't 10 Dec be considered as early arrival?

How early can you travel for Jan intake?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Won't 10 Dec be considered as early arrival?

How early can you travel for Jan intake?
Not really given arriving Dec 10 have to quarantine through Dec 24 where cannot go anywhere and then into the Christmas holidays when difficult to get anything sorted out , accommodation and so on so once that finished its already January

A month before generally should not be an issue given main concern is being able to support self financially without working. However with the mandatory quarantine and the christmas holidays then suspect a bit more discretion may be exercised by CBSA.

JabamiYumeki

Nov 4, 2020
Your travel might be considered discreditory. It's best to land in Vancouver and quarantine there, and travel to see your friends afterwards
Yeah i was hoping i could spend xmas with my mom and sister in Vancouver and do my quarantine there before flying to Toronto in January.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Yeah i was hoping i could spend xmas with my mom and sister in Vancouver and do my quarantine there before flying to Toronto in January.
by traveling to your mom and sister you are putting them under quarantine. My prof told that when his daughter returned from Oxford their entire house was quarantined and they (not the daughter) were only allowed to go grocery shopping once a week. Think it over, this is not worth the risk of being denied boarding or making your relatives stay at home mandatory

JabamiYumeki

Nov 4, 2020
by traveling to your mom and sister you are putting them under quarantine. My prof told that when his daughter returned from Oxford their entire house was quarantined and they (not the daughter) were only allowed to go grocery shopping once a week. Think it over, this is not worth the risk of being denied boarding or making your relatives stay at home mandatory
Thats my worry as well actually. Thank you for this advice very much appreciated. ❤❤

Reactions: janesama