+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I land in non-Alberta province?

harry807

Jun 3, 2009
Hi All,
Starting a new thread on getting opinion whether I can land on any other province than Alberta? Per my research, I should not. At least go to Alberta and then move to anything. But if someone wants to track whether you stayed in Alberta or not, they are so many ways to do so?
Has anyone had first hand experience on this?
Thanks!!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm not sure why you cannot. The actual landing destination can be different from the intended destination.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you get your PR through AINP? If yes, then I usually tell people that they should land in AB and stay there for long enough that they could say that they looked for jobs there in case somebody asks. With AINP, you sign a statement saying that you intend to settle in Alberta. There is a chance that if you land somewhere else and never spend a day in AB that the AINP could call it misrepresentation and fraudulent for you to have signed that form, complain about you to CIC and try to get your PR revoked. I have not heard of anybody this has happened to but if it were me, I would at least land there and stay a couple of months so in case somebody ever asked, I could say that I had the intention to settle and I looked for jobs and couldn't get one.

If you got your PR through FSW and listed AB as your intended destination, then you can land anywhere you want. They don't care.

harry807

Jun 3, 2009
Thanks Leon. I got PR from AINP and I remember that I was asked that why i intend to settler Alberta even though my family and FSW application is for another province. I replied back with lot of facts ;D
I was planning to land and spend 1-2 months in Alberta before moving near to relatives. you know it helps if you know someone close. Just wondering if it will create any problem.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
harry807 said:
Thanks Leon. I got PR from AINP and I remember that I was asked that why i intend to settler Alberta even though my family and FSW application is for another province. I replied back with lot of facts ;D
I was planning to land and spend 1-2 months in Alberta before moving near to relatives. you know it helps if you know someone close. Just wondering if it will create any problem.
If you got PR by APNP And you dont stay there then they wont give you citizenship ever / nor extend your PR card, staying in other prov means you break your permission and your PR no longer valid .

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aquib said:
If you got PR by APNP And you dont stay there then they wont give you citizenship ever / nor extend your PR card, staying in other prov means you break your permission and your PR no longer valid .
Who told you that? So far, they have only been going after people who do not land in their PNP province. If you got PR by AINP but land in ON for example, they will ask you why you are not landing in AB. If you show them you have a transfer ticket taking you to AB, that will probably be it. If you can not convince them you are going to AB, they will notify AINP to check up on you. They might not give you your COPR either so you might have to go to AB to pick it up.

However, there is no minimum time you must stay in AB. You only sign a document stating you intend to settle. This must be true when you land too but there is no condition on your PR that you must still be in AB when you renew your card or that you can not get citizenship unless you are still in AB when you apply.