+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I land in Montreal if my quarantine plan is in Ottawa ?

Feb 7, 2020
I got a study permit approval this week, I'm NOT planning to settle in Montreal, my college is on the approved DLIs list for covid-19 and offers a quarantine plan in Ottawa, There is no destination flight from my country to Toronto, only Montreal is available to land on it. Can I land in Montreal and show the officer that I have a quarantine plan in Ottawa? Also can I take a rail station, rideshare, bus to Ottawa after landing in Montreal during this pandemic?

Bluejayscardinals

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
You would be best to fly from Montreal to Ottawa. I doubt very much they will allow you to take a bus or train. Taxi would be far too expensive. Ask your DLI though. They will have had to address this issue in order to get approval.

Feb 7, 2020
You would be best to fly from Montreal to Ottawa. I doubt very much they will allow you to take a bus or train. Taxi would be far too expensive. Ask your DLI though. They will have had to address this issue in order to get approval.
https://www.algonquincollege.com/international/self-isolation/
They said literally this: "Ensure that you are booked for travel through to Ottawa (for example, you cannot have a flight to Montreal and then take an Uber to Ottawa, you should book your trip all the way through to Ottawa). " I am from Morocco , so can I buy a ticket from Morocco to Montreal and then buy a flight ticket to Ottawa there when I land in Montreal ? or my best bet is to book a ticket at the second flight on this link (from Morocco to Paris then to Toronto then to Ottawa) https://wwws.airfrance.ma/search/offers?pax=1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0&cabinClass=ECONOMY&activeConnection=0&connections=CMN:A:20201210>YOW:C&bookingFlow=LEISURE

Last edited:

GabrielW

Aug 24, 2020
as far as I know, you will be able to take public transportation directly to your quarantine location if you show no symptoms of Covid, it is stated on the IRCC website and my school confirmed this. however, if you are worried there might be trouble going through the border you can book either a bus, train, or flight to Ottawa to prove you are going straight there.

Feb 7, 2020
as far as I know, you will be able to take public transportation directly to your quarantine location if you show no symptoms of Covid, it is stated on the IRCC website and my school confirmed this. however, if you are worried there might be trouble going through the border you can book either a bus, train, or flight to Ottawa to prove you are going straight there.
The probleme is that my school said at https://www.algonquincollege.com/international/self-isolation/ Ensure that you are booked for travel through to Ottawa (for example, you cannot have a flight to Montreal and then take an Uber to Ottawa, you should book your trip all the way through to Ottawa)

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
I got a study permit approval this week, I'm NOT planning to settle in Montreal, my college is on the approved DLIs list for covid-19 and offers a quarantine plan in Ottawa, There is no destination flight from my country to Toronto, only Montreal is available to land on it. Can I land in Montreal and show the officer that I have a quarantine plan in Ottawa? Also can I take a rail station, rideshare, bus to Ottawa after landing in Montreal during this pandemic?
Hi! I landed recently. The plane ride would be best because you can just go to make internal transfer without interacting with others. However, I believe the bus or rail ride would also work, but might raise questions about why are you not taking a plane. Is there any way to book travel to Ottawa by transferring in Europe for example?

GabrielW

Aug 24, 2020
The probleme is that my school said at https://www.algonquincollege.com/international/self-isolation/ Ensure that you are booked for travel through to Ottawa (for example, you cannot have a flight to Montreal and then take an Uber to Ottawa, you should book your trip all the way through to Ottawa)
Then is it possible for you to book all the tickets at once like a connecting ticket? my flight is next Monday, my ticket shows I'm going from Shanghai to Montreal but I actually need to enter and transit in Vancouver; the ticket stated my journey to Montreal.

or maybe you can book another flight or bus (maybe not uber), something that can prove you will be heading there directly and show them that you booked your way all the way through to ottawa

Feb 7, 2020
Hi! I landed recently. The plane ride would be best because you can just go to make internal transfer without interacting with others. However, I believe the bus or rail ride would also work, but might raise questions about why are you not taking a plane. Is there any way to book travel to Ottawa by transferring in Europe for example?
Yes I can travel By AirFrance from Morocco to Paris ,then from Paris to Toronto then from Toronto to Ottawa in one connecting flight ticket.

Feb 7, 2020
Then is it possible for you to book all the tickets at once like a connecting ticket? my flight is next Monday, my ticket shows I'm going from Shanghai to Montreal but I actually need to enter and transit in Vancouver; the ticket stated my journey to Montreal.

or maybe you can book another flight or bus (maybe not uber), something that can prove you will be heading there directly and show them that you booked your way all the way through to ottawa
I can travel From Morocco to Toronto by transiting in Paris but the problem is that I need to stay in Paris airport for 18 hours before the plane continue from Paris to Toronto.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Yes I can travel By AirFrance from Morocco to Paris ,then from Paris to Toronto then from Toronto to Ottawa in one connecting flight ticket.
That works! I just double checked, it is impossible to book flight directly to Ottawa because they are not allowed to accept travelers from international destinations. You would be better off booking a flight with AirFrance then even if it is a long layover

Bluejayscardinals

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
That works! I just double checked, it is impossible to book flight directly to Ottawa because they are not allowed to accept travelers from international destinations. You would be better off booking a flight with AirFrance then even if it is a long layover
What that means is that Ottawa has no direct flights from international destinations.

You clear immigration in Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver or Calgary. Those are the only four airports allowing international flights at the moment. Once you are there you can fly anywhere within the country and quarantine at the end.

Reactions: janesama
Feb 7, 2020
Last edited:

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
I can do that but the probleme is there is only direct flight from Morocco to Montreal (there is no one ticket conecting flight bettween Morocco -Montreal-Ottawa). So I need to buy a flight ticket in Montreal and my college asked me that I need in advance to book a flight to Ottawa from my home country. https://www.algonquincollege.com/international/self-isolation/
Tell them it’s impossible since Ottawa is not allowed to receive international flights. We had a person fly to Halifax and it was all good – they cleared immigration in Calgary (I think) and then transferred to Halifax