+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I keep working for a foreign company in Canada after getting PR and landing?

playlikednb

Jun 29, 2021
I have been approved under PNP (Ontario). Currently, I'm employed at a Mexican company and they have asked me to work for them for a couple more months. Am I allowed to keep working for a MEX company remotely for 2 months after landing as a new PR?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have been approved under PNP (Ontario). Currently, I'm employed at a Mexican company and they have asked me to work for them for a couple more months. Am I allowed to keep working for a MEX company remotely for 2 months after landing as a new PR?
You are PR. You can do whatever you want. If you have the means, you don't have to get a job at all.

Reactions: playlikednb

Takita

May 12, 2021
If you are a PR you can work for a US company if you have US work permit. You file taxes in US and Canada.
Does US work permit still required if US company hires as an independent contractor/consultant and pays in CAD via PEO (Ex: ADP/Paychex)?

ttsoldier13

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
12-01-2022
If you were nominated by OINP then you need to work and live in Ontario for a few years. A couple months working for the remote company should be fine but don’t extend it too long!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you a Mexican citizen or have a Mexican WP? If so you can work remotely but must declare your income.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
WP, yeah. Yea, but I was thinking that probably you must declare and pay in Canada as well.. Will investigate it
Yes you also must pay Canadian taxes. You’ll need to look at the tax treaties between Canada and Mexico. You can only work based on this arrangement until your Mexican WP expires. You could also work as a consultant from Canada.

Reactions: playlikednb

Takita

May 12, 2021
Yes you also must pay Canadian taxes. You’ll need to look at the tax treaties between Canada and Mexico. You can only work based on this arrangement until your Mexican WP expires. You could also work as a consultant from Canada. --> Does work as consultant as Canadian PR holder remotely for US employer paid in CAD thru PEO require US work permit for Non US citizen?