+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i immigrate without a skilled work?

LLiran

Aug 28, 2009
Hey,
I want to go to study in Canada as an international student.
I saw that the requirements are 2 years of study and 1 year of work as A SKILLED WORKER.
Problem is, i don't think i fit this category..
Is there any other way for me to immigrate? maybe you can still work this out without a skilled work?

Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you study in Canada for 2 years, you can apply for a 3 year post-grad work permit. What kind of job do you plan to get after you graduate from a 2 year program? I would hope you are going for a skilled job because you don't need a 2 year degree to do something unskilled. If you get a skilled job after your graduation and work there for a year, then you will be able to apply.

Essat

Star Member
Sep 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-March-2010
AOR Received.
13-May-2010
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
To LA on 10-Nov-2010
Med's Request
08-12-2010
Med's Done....
14-01-2011, sent 26-01-2011
Passport Req..
13-April-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2011
LANDED..........
05-Jun-2011
LLiran,

There is no such a requirement as "2 years of study and 1 year of work as a skilled worker" if you want to study in Canada as an international student! That's one of the requirements for applying for Permanent Residence under the CEC program. To study in Canada, you need to be accepted at a Canadian educational institution. This institution gives you an acceptance letter which you can use to apply for a study permit at a Canadian visa office serving your area of residence. If you are enrolling in a short-term study program (mostly < 6 months), you do not need a study permit.

If you instead intended to ask how you can come to Canada as a Permanent Resident as an unskilled worker, please read about the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) here: http://www.ci.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/index.asp. A number of provinces accept semi-skilled applicants through the PNP.

For all other options about immigrating to Canada, visit the CIC website: http://www.ci.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

Essat
Vancouver, Canada