+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I immigrate under non IT degree ?

esumitkumar

Apr 19, 2012
Hi All

I have work experience of 10 years in software testing but have a B.Tech engineering degree in Chemical .
Shall I go ahead with assessment to International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS) ? Please advise

Regards
Sumit

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As long as the duties written in your employer reference letter match an eligible NOC you are fine. It's not necessary for your degree to match the NOC.

esumitkumar

Apr 19, 2012
But as I checked this

www dot abhinav dot com/canada-immigration/2171-requirements-Information-systems-analysts-consultants.aspx

To qualify for this category, you need to have

A Graduation in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a other relevant subject,

I wish to apply under Software Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst

So is it OK if I still apply for assessment of my chemical engineering degree.. ?

F_S_W

Mar 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
future_canadian said:
As long as the duties written in your employer reference letter match an eligible NOC you are fine. It's not necessary for your degree to match the NOC.

solid advice!!!!!

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
esumitkumar said:
But as I checked this

www dot abhinav dot com/canada-immigration/2171-requirements-Information-systems-analysts-consultants.aspx

To qualify for this category, you need to have

A Graduation in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a other relevant subject,

I wish to apply under Software Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst

So is it OK if I still apply for assessment of my chemical engineering degree.. ?
Is this official communication from CIC? No. You can read the Guide for yourself, and listen to the voices of experience on this forum.

Besides, that page says those degrees are an "employment requirement," it doesn't even mention anything about those degrees being required for immigration.

But what I can tell you is the IT NOCs are filling fast, so do you want to argue the point or do you want to apply in time to make it under the cap?