+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I hold two Permanent Residency status at the same time?

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The fact that you couldn't get a job in Canada but got one in the US doesn't make Canada's job market corrupt. You've stated several times in previous posts that it is easy to get a job and make a living in the US.

No one has called you a loser but you. I haven't blamed you for anything. I've simply said that perhaps your experiences are of your own making.

You are the one calling others losers.

You really should do a basic Google search before posting. Here are just a few results to counter your claim.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2017/08/09/health/refugee-doctors-medical-training/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/search?size=10&q=Us%20refugee%20doctors%20taxi

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/12/business/economy/long-slog-for-foreign-doctors-to-practice-in-us.html
I didn't get just one job in the US, I never was jobless in the US, I never collected unemployment benefits in the US, I always was employed in the US and it never took me more than 60 days to land a job in the US, if I was actively looking for one.

1. I never said life was easy in the US , or that getting a job in the competitive US market was easy, especially in the field you want and specialize in. If there is a post where I said "life in the US is easy" or "getting the job in the US is easy" then point that to me.

2. What I said was that it was impossible for me and my spouse to land any job interview in Canada, despite sending hundreds of resumes for many months in the row as we were desperately trying to get employment and move to Canada to meet our RO. I also was told , including by some people on this forum, that you must network and have connections to get a job in Canada, even an entry level /survival job.

I comared such sorry state of Canadian job market to the existing job market in the US (even the worst of US job market during Obama years) and said that Canadian job market (in comparison) is that of the Third World country, where you must have a connection and someone to "fix it" for you to get any type of job (with right connections you can get a great job in Rwanda), while in the US you can write your resume, open your lap top, browse the internet, apply for jobs and get employed in a matter of 60 days. None of it implies that life in the US is easy, or that getting a job in the US is easy. In fact it's difficult and been difficult since major economic downturn in 2008. It takes a lot of effort to get a job in highly competitive job market here (sending resumes every day and getting several interviews, failing one or two before finally getting a job offer at the end of that 30 to 60 day time period is exhasuting, nerve racking, demanding and frankly very trying task), but it's doable, it's possible, and with the right amount of pressure, effort and push you will get employed in the US, not only in survival job but in the field of your specialization, and without any networking and "fixing" by an insider.
We were unable to get even an interview in Canada, after investing tens of times more effort than to land a job in the US.

Please do not put into my mouth your words. Read my statements as they are. Thank you.

As to individual aspect of it, I have shared a thread from this forum which already has 13 pages, where a lot of Indians tell other Indians not to come to Canada unless they want to get depressed, stay jobless or drive taxi cabs with PhD's and engeneer's degrees. You can scroll up, see the link to this forum and posts of dozens of newly immigrated Canadian PR's in my former post. Blame them too for not being able to accomplish what Indians are able to accomplish in the US.

P.S. If Canada has 10 times less population, in theory it should be so much easier to get a job in Canada, as more population equals more competition and oversaturation of the job market. Unless, of course, Canadian economy sucks and underperforms to such a great extent that it can't keep employed even 1/10 of the US active working population. Which, btw, begs the question: why Canada then oversells those PR visas that are issued under supposed need for skilled workers in the Canadian job market? If anything, Canada has overpopulation and oversaturation in its' job market and the last thing it should do is bring more PR's to its' already struggling job market. And if PR's voluntarily leave, Canadians should be happy about it, instead of overzealosly enforcing RO on very people whom they granted PR to fulfill the nonexisting demand for skilled workers in its' job market. Let those PR's go and return when there will be a genuine demand for their skills in Canadian job market.

Last edited:

mahi2020

Oct 7, 2016
I didn't get one job, I never was jobless in the US, I always was employed in the US and it never took me more than 60 days to land a job in the US, if I was actively looking for one.

1. I never said life was easy in the US , or that getting a job in the competitive US market was easy, especially in the field you want and specialize in. If there is a post where I said "life in the US is easy" or "getting the job in the US is easy" then point that to me.

2. What I said was that it was impossible for me and my spouse to land any job interview in Canada, despite sending hundreds of resumes for many months in the row as we were desperately trying to get employment and move to Canada to meet our RO. I also was told , including by some people on this forum, that you must network and have connections to get a job in Canada, even an entry level /survival job.

I comared such sorry state of Canadian job market to the existing job market in the US (even the worst of US job market during Obama years) and said that Canadian job market (in comparison) is that of the Third World country, where you must have a connection and someone to "fix it" for you to get any type of job (with right connections you can get a great job in Rwanda), while in the US you can write your resume, open your lap top, browse the internet, apply for jobs and get employed in a matter of 60 days. None of it implies that life in the US is easy, or that getting a job in the US is easy. In fact it's difficult and been difficult since major economic downturn in 2008. It takes a lot of effort to get a job in highly competitive job market here (sending resumes every day and getting several interviews, failing one or two before finally getting a job offer at the end of that 30 to 60 day time period is exhasuting, nerve racking, demanding and frankly very trying task), but it's doable, it's possible, and with the right amount of pressure, effort and push you will get employed in the US, not only in survival job but in the field of your specialization, and without any networking and "fixing" by an insider.
We were unable to get even an interview in Canada, after investing tens of times more effort than to land a job in the US.

Please do not put into my mouth your words. Read my statements as they are. Thank you.

As to individual aspect of it, I have shared a thread from this forum which already has 13 pages, where a lot of Indians tell other Indians not to come to Canada unless they want to get depressed, stay jobless or drive taxi cabs with PhD's and engeneer's degrees. You can scroll up, see the link to this forum and posts of dozens of newly immigrated Canadian PR's in my former post. Blame them too for not being able to accomplish what Indians are able to accomplish in the US.
what were your and your spouse's jobs in US ?

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what were your and your spouse's jobs in US ?
See my earlier posts (from 2014) where I was asking for help to get a job in Canadian job market. We are still in the same respective fields, but we both have advanced/got promoted and get higher salary since then.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I didn't get one job, I never was jobless in the US, I always was employed in the US and it never took me more than 60 days to land a job in the US, if I was actively looking for one.

P.S. If Canada has 10 times less population, in theory it should be so much easier to get a job in Canada, as more population equals more competition and oversaturation of the job market. Unless, of course, Canadian economy sucks and underperforms to such a great extent that it can't keep employed even 1/10 of the US active working population. Which, btw, begs the question: why Canada then oversells those PR visas that are issued under supposed need for skilled workers in the Canadian job market? If anything, Canada has overpopulation and oversaturation in its' job market and the last thing it should do is bring more PR's to its' already struggling job market. And if PR's voluntarily leave, Canadians should be happy about it, instead of overzealosly enforcing RO on very people whom they granted PR to fulfill the nonexisting demand for skilled workers in its' job market.
You are still generalizing the Canadian job market based on your experience and some threads on a public forum. The vast majority of immigrants aren't on this forum. Some people don't find jobs. Most do without having connections. There are many Indian doctors and engineers working in their fields in Canada.

There is a very complex relationship between population and employment but in general, a larger population equals more available jobs and a smaller population equals less jobs.

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are still generalizing the Canadian job market based on your experience and some threads on a public forum. The vast majority of immigrants aren't on this forum. Some people don't find jobs. Most do without having connections. There are many Indian doctors and engineers working in their fields in Canada.

There is a very complex relationship between population and employment but in general, a larger population equals more available jobs and a smaller population equals less jobs.
People looking for jobs don't create jobs, investors and businesses do. Larger population means larger pool of available workers, which (all other things being equal) means higher competition between workers in a job market and less vacancies per job seeker. I don't know where do you get a notion that just because US has larger population it means there should be more demand for workers.

The other part of your reply I won't comment, I have gone through this over and over, repeatedly.

Last edited:

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
I didn't get just one job in the US, I never was jobless in the US, I never collected unemployment benefits in the US, I always was employed in the US and it never took me more than 60 days to land a job in the US, if I was actively looking for one.

P.S. If Canada has 10 times less population, in theory it should be so much easier to get a job in Canada, as more population equals more competition and oversaturation of the job market. Unless, of course, Canadian economy sucks and underperforms to such a great extent that it can't keep employed even 1/10 of the US active working population. Which, btw, begs the question: why Canada then oversells those PR visas that are issued under supposed need for skilled workers in the Canadian job market? If anything, Canada has overpopulation and oversaturation in its' job market and the last thing it should do is bring more PR's to its' already struggling job market. And if PR's voluntarily leave, Canadians should be happy about it, instead of overzealosly enforcing RO on very people whom they granted PR to fulfill the nonexisting demand for skilled workers in its' job market. Let those PR's go and return when there will be a genuine demand for their skills in Canadian job market.
I’m new to Canada. I do not know anyone in Canada but my spouse who also had no connections to Canada. I got interviews at 5/7 of the places I applied to. I received job offers from 5/5 of the places I was interviewed in. It is not hard nor is a connection required to get a job in Canada in my experience.

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I’m new to Canada. I do not know anyone in Canada but my spouse who also had no connections to Canada. I got interviews at 5/7 of the places I applied to. I received job offers from 5/5 of the places I was interviewed in. It is not hard nor is a connection required to get a job in Canada in my experience.
Oh really? I am glad to hear that. What kind of job did you and spouse apply for and where did you get hired? I don't need any personal information, only the fields of occupation and employers that hired you both. 5/5 offer of rmployment and 5/7 interviews is quite impressive. You guys must be rocket scientists (no pun intended). :)

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Oh really? I am glad to hear that. What kind of job did you and spouse apply for and where did you get hired? I don't need any personal information, only the fields of occupation and employers that hired you both. 5/5 offer of rmployment and 5/7 interviews is quite impressive. You guys must be rocket scientists (no pun intended). :)
Not at all. My wife is a telecommunications manager for one of the big 3 and I work in a law firm, she started as a call centre agent and got hired 2 weeks into living here. I started as a legal assistant (this is the job where I got interviewed 5/7 times), took courses part time to become a paralegal and a certified immigration consultant and now work with the same law firm as a paralegal. If you look at the job prospects for our employment, there are a lot of people qualified for them. We are not in an industry where employees are in demand.

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not at all. My wife is a telecommunications manager for one of the big 3 and I work in a law firm, she started as a call centre agent and got hired 2 weeks into living here. I started as a legal assistant (this is the job where I got interviewed 5/7 times), took courses part time to become a paralegal and a certified immigration consultant and now work with the same law firm as a paralegal. If you look at the job prospects for our employment, there are a lot of people qualified for them. We are not in an industry where employees are in demand.
5/7 and 5/5 still sound incredible, if you know what I mean. I can say I work as CEO for Boeing and that I got that job by applying directly from Bangalore. But, I will assume it's true and congratulate you.

As to job market in Canada, I and my spouse applied for a vast variety of jobs, from ones she specialize in or had years of experience in past , including in insurance industry where Canada supposedly has high demand, all the way to basic/survival jobs (the idea was to get at least entry level/survival job and look for better opportunities once in Canada). None even gave a courtesy of invitation to an interview, let alone making a job offer. And you don't have to tell me about prospects and demands, I live in the USA where economy took deep dive in 2008 and at one point during Obama years we had hundred or more people applying for each vacancy, but never did we expereince such stonewalling in the US job market.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
5/7 and 5/5 still sound incredible, if you know what I mean. I can say I work as CEO for Boeing and that I got that job by applying directly from Bangalore. But, I will assume it's true and congratulate you.

As to job market in Canada, I and my spouse applied for a vast variety of jobs, from ones she specialize in or had years of experience in past , including in insurance industry where Canada supposedly has high demand, all the way to basic/survival jobs (the idea was to get at least entry level/survival job and look for better opportunities once in Canada). None even gave a courtesy of invitation to an interview, let alone making a job offer. And you don't have to tell me about prospects and demands, I live in the USA where economy took deep dive in 2008 and at one point during Obama years we had hundred or more people applying for each vacancy, but never did we expereince such stonewalling in the US job market.
I don’t know what you mean because I’m not the only person I know this has happened to. Co-workers of mine have had the same experience. Friends I’ve met in my daily life here. Not everyone of course but the majority of us do get interviews even without connections. But maybe you mean I am fabricating which is quite negative of you. No reason to post here just to lie. If you look through my posts, you will see that I am new here and not just someone who is defending the country.

It is unfortunate to hear of your experience. I was only here to give my own experience as a new immigrant. I was never stonewalled. Nor were most of my colleagues and friends. I wasn’t trying to tell you about the market because I didn’t think you didn’t know about it. I told you because you automatically assumed my wife and I are specialists in something (rocket science) which is why we got a job right away. It just was not the case.

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don’t know what you mean because I’m not the only person I know this has happened to. Co-workers of mine have had the same experience. Friends I’ve met in my daily life here. Not everyone of course but the majority of us do get interviews even without connections. But maybe you mean I am fabricating which is quite negative of you. No reason to post here just to lie. If you look through my posts, you will see that I am new here and not just someone who is defending the country.

It is unfortunate to hear of your experience. I was only here to give my own experience as a new immigrant. I was never stonewalled. Nor were most of my colleagues and friends. I wasn’t trying to tell you about the market because I didn’t think you didn’t know about it. I told you because you automatically assumed my wife and I are specialists in something (rocket science) which is why we got a job right away. It just was not the case.
My undertstanding is that you said you applied for 7 jobs, got 5 interviews and then 5 offers out of it. And you are a legal assitant. You also said there is no big demand for your line of work because there are a lot of qualified people in this field. When you add up these statements 5/7 and 5/5 sound truly incredible (to put it mildly). As if someone walked into casino and hit 5 jackpots after betting 7 times. I think it's reasonable to say that it sounds incredible, though I never said you lied. At least in theory it's possible to hit jackpot 5 out of 7 times, just the odds are not so high (ergo I said it's incredible).

As to my experience, if you look up the threads in this board (including the one I linked earlier) you will see that there are quite a lot of people who had similar experiences to mine and warned others not to come to Canada due to extreme difficulty of finding a job or finding only a survival job while having highly skilled credentials.

And, what deserves an attention on its' own, is the fact that I have a different personal experience in US. If I and my spouse as persons are a reason for a failure to land a job (and not Canadian job market as I suggest) , then how come we don't experience the same kind of stonewalling in the US?

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
People looking for jobs don't create jobs, investors and businesses do. Larger population means larger pool of available workers, which (all other things being equal) means higher competition between workers in a job market and less vacancies per job seeker. I don't know where do you get a notion that just because US has larger population it means there should be more demand for workers.

The other part of your reply I won't comment, I have gone through this over and over, repeatedly.
Population increase equals service demand increase. Service demand increase equals more jobs.

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Population increase equals service demand increase. Service demand increase equals more jobs.
Not necessarily. You can have large population and economy in shambles, with extremely high unemployment rate like in the US during the Great Depression. Populaiton per se does not drive the demand, but sound economy, investment in labor intensive enterprises and resulting need for workforce does.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Not necessarily. You can have large population and economy in shambles, with extremely high unemployment rate like in the US during the Great Depression. Populaiton per se does not drive the demand, but sound economy, investment in labor intensive enterprises and resulting need for workforce does.
Just as a larger population doesn't necessarily mean higher competition. The relationship between employment and population is very complex and dependent and innumerable factors.

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just as a larger population doesn't necessarily mean higher competition. The relationship between employment and population is very complex and dependent and innumerable factors.
Therefore, the fact that US has larger population is irrelevant.