+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I have two PR applications in process at the same time ?

ivananaa

Aug 24, 2020
Hi, what did you guys put in the PR application number section when in my case I applied for PR PNP paper-based already but haven't received the AOR. Thanks!

shortgriaffe

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
When you are applying for the pr via CEC what answer did you give for the question 'Have you previously applied for the permanent residency?'
Since the PNP application is separate one I said no. Will it be a problem? I have my OINP application and CEC in process.
does anyone know an answer to this?

Gauzdx

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
Can someone tell if both PR application will be processed at the same time or the application submitted at a later date will be put on hold until first one is processed? I was told this is the case for Citizenship but I am not sure if it applies for PR.

tv01d

May 26, 2021
Hello guys, I have an ITA in one application with CEC, for this I have to find a letter of employment for foreign experience, that increases my points, can I create another application to be in the pool just in case the draw is lower and I don't have to request this letter ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello guys, I have an ITA in one application with CEC, for this I have to find a letter of employment for foreign experience, that increases my points, can I create another application to be in the pool just in case the draw is lower and I don't have to request this letter ?
Nope. You would need to decline ITA first.

Reactions: tv01d

Gauzdx

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
Can someone tell if both PR application will be processed at the same time or the application submitted at a later date will be put on hold until first one is processed? I was told this is the case for Citizenship but I am not sure if it applies for PR.
Does anyone knows answer to this?

Brarjitender2

Nov 12, 2019
Hii everyone,
I am express pnp based applicant and my aor is may 12 2020 , its been a year file is still in process i was planning to apply for express cec now as they are processing there applications fast..is it same to make new express profile as one is in process.?

JuniorJ

Dec 5, 2020
Any update/insight on this guys?
@legalfalcon @seadrag0n @scylla
I currently have my application in process for FSW (Oct 2020 AOR) and have got no update regarding the decision. But at the moment i have gained 1 year of canadian work ex and was wondering if it is legally allowed to create 2 different stream profiles. I read on the website (https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=864&top=29) that you cant but if anyone has a workaround with it that would be helpful.

Last edited:

Sandeepk12

Star Member
May 2, 2021
I currently have my application in process for FSW (Oct 2020 AOR) and have got no update regarding the decision. But at the moment i have gained 1 year of canadian work ex and was wondering if it is legally allowed to create 2 different stream profiles. I read on the website (https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=864&top=29) that you cant but if anyone has a workaround with it that would be helpful.
You cannot have two express entry profiles active at same under same stream but you can have two express entry profiles under different stream once received the ita for cec you can either withdraw the other application or continue both make sure the information you put is same for both applications

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Please read it carefully, it says you cannot have more than one profile. However, after you receive an ITA and submit your application, the profile is no longer there. You can very well submit two applications for PR.

Reactions: nousername2020
Sep 20, 2021
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 4 2021
AOR Received.
Jan 9 2021
Med's Done....
Feb 18 2021
Hi, what did you guys put in the PR application number section when in my case I applied for PR PNP paper-based already but haven't received the AOR. Thanks!

Thanks for sharing Ivana. I saw your log, I think this will be helpful to my case. I will apply for CEC next month. But I have an MPNP and got my EE-AOR last Jan2021

Tolujay

May 27, 2019
I already submitted my application for PR under PNP ( Not my choicest province). Now my choicest Province gave me ITA and I have submitted my documents. My choicest province is about to get me nominated, they requested for my EE profile.i guess I cld have been nominated but because it is locked to the other PR application.

Please can I open another EEprofile so that once I get nominated by my choicest province, then I can withdraw the previous application.

please advise me

Tolujay

May 27, 2019
I already submitted my application for PR under PNP ( Not my choicest province). Now my choicest Province gave me ITA and I have submitted my documents. My choicest province is about to get me nominated, they requested for my EE profile.i guess I cld have been nominated but because it is locked to the other PR application.

Please can I open another EEprofile so that once I get nominated by my choicest province, then I can withdraw the previous application.

please advise me