+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I have two PR applications in process at the same time ?

Louieportillo

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
Hi guy.. im new here.. my sutuation was.. i already applied paper based under pnp class and already had my file numver..i know it will took so long till i get my PR.. ill am thinking to aplly on EE this coming november after i finish my one year od noc B experience.. is it possible to have 2 pr application at the same time .? And should i answer NO to the question on EE that if i have a pr application on process?

Thank you in advance guys for you advices

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi guy.. im new here.. my sutuation was.. i already applied paper based under pnp class and already had my file numver..i know it will took so long till i get my PR.. ill am thinking to aplly on EE this coming november after i finish my one year od noc B experience.. is it possible to have 2 pr application at the same time .?

Yes, if you have a traditional paper-based application in process, you can also apply through express entry. (You can only have one express entry application at a time, however).

And should i answer NO to the question on EE that if i have a pr application on process?

??? Why would you answer no??? You have clearly indicated that the correct answer is yes...

Shaq

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
Hi,
I have already applied for CEC and is waiting for the decision. I wanted to know if I can get the provincial nomination at the same time? Will it mess up the existing process of CEC because I have mentioned "No" to PNP.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Hi,
I have already applied for CEC and is waiting for the decision. I wanted to know if I can get the provincial nomination at the same time? Will it mess up the existing process of CEC because I have mentioned "No" to PNP.
What's the point though of doing that? CEC is arguably the fastest stream that gets PR, and the PNP-path is among the slowest.
If they already are reviewing a PR application, and all the information and documents you provided are correct, just be patient.

Reactions: Shaq

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Hi Everyone,?

Did anyone apply under PNP and CEC EE both ?
Did you guys get PR ? Please let me know I want to know. Im not sure what to do here at this point. Thanks

Reactions: Rickyrick

Antibemba2

Nov 27, 2018
Hi guys,

I am in the same situation about applying for the PR through both PNP and EE.
I applied through PNP in August, 2018. Now I am eligible to apply through EE. But I am getting an issue while entering the personal reference code. In fact I'm getting an error message saying "you already have an in progress application".
So, my question is: how did you guys proceed to apply through EE while you already had the PNP in the system.

Thanks,

Reactions: mibrahim123

smilewinnipeg16

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Hi guys,

I am in the same situation about applying for the PR through both PNP and EE.
I applied through PNP in August, 2018. Now I am eligible to apply through EE. But I am getting an issue while entering the personal reference code. In fact I'm getting an error message saying "you already have an in progress application".
So, my question is: how did you guys proceed to apply through EE while you already had the PNP in the system.

Thanks,
What is your CRS and from which province you PNP... Are you working in Canada??

Can U tell me how much points one get if has job offer from employers, do this helps in getting nomination also??

Regards.

Antibemba2

Nov 27, 2018
What is your CRS and from which province you PNP... Are you working in Canada??

Can U tell me how much points one get if has job offer from employers, do this helps in getting nomination also??

Regards.
CRS=506
I'm applying from Alberta.
Yes, I work in Alberta as a civil engineer.
For the PNP when I applied there was a category for engineers only and you should have had a job or have been work for 1 year in the domain in order to apply.

Reactions: veronvillanueva30

smilewinnipeg16

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Wow your score is too good.. I am sure you have got an ITA already...

My score is too low 340 only... I am in NOC B category. Can you tell me if I get job offer how many points I will get and further if I gain 1 year work experience in Canada...Do my status changed from FSW to CEC?? Is it so?

Also are employers intend to hire people outside Canada?

only3dot

Apr 18, 2018
CRS=506
I'm applying from Alberta.
Yes, I work in Alberta as a civil engineer.
For the PNP when I applied there was a category for engineers only and you should have had a job or have been work for 1 year in the domain in order to apply.
Hi,
Did you end up creating another account to apply for EE?
I receive the same error.
Thanks ,

Antibemba2

Nov 27, 2018
Hi,
Did you end up creating another account to apply for EE?
I receive the same error.
Thanks ,
No I’m still stuck with this error. I don’t know if I should create another account. Also it is impossible to reach a CIC agent. I don’t really know what to do.

only3dot

Apr 18, 2018
I submitted a webform and they got back to me. their answers is yes.
Please see the email below

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

If you are applying to immigrate to Canada, there are many immigration categories available to you. Please note that theImmigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) does not prohibit multiple applications*.

If an applicant has more than one application for permanent residence (APR) approved, the responsible office will advise them to choose the category/class under which they would like to be granted permanent resident status.

Once permanent resident status is granted, any other pending APR should be withdrawn and the applicant notified.

*For example, you may apply simultaneously for two different streams in the economic class (e.g., Federal Skilled Worker Class and Provincial Nominee Class).

Furthermore, we verified the information on your file. We can confirm that you have created a new Express Entry (EE) profile and have been accepted to the EE pool of candidates.