+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I have two PR applications in process at the same time ?

Gurinder31

Oct 16, 2016
Hi guys
I applied for PR after getting my PNP. It has been 20 months now but no response because I got married and added my spouse just 15 days before my 16 months were gonna be over. I have called immigration many times to find out how long it will take for them to process his application? He’s already in Canada on open work permit and is a British citizen. They told me there’s no time frame hence no answer for me.
I have also completed my one year experience in NOC B level job so I’m eligible for EE as well. I’m confused if I should just wait for this decision to be made or apply through EE. Can I have both applications in process at the same time?
Thank you

Gurinder31

Oct 16, 2016
CIC website says that the processing of all applications will be held until the initial application is processed completely. Doesn’t that mean I ll have to wait for this decision first?

msmahmood

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC website says that the processing of all applications will be held until the initial application is processed completely. Doesn’t that mean I ll have to wait for this decision first?
Hello,

I was at the same situation as you, I was qualifying for CEC express entry but didn't have enough points so I got my employers to do PNP International Student Stream for me. I submitted a PR application through that but it was taking too long and I had also accumulated enough points for Express Entry so I applied with Express Entry under CEC as well. My application on both sides is progressing and the lawyer told me to withdraw the other application whenever you get a PR through one of them.

Sarapgw

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Hello,

I was at the same situation as you, I was qualifying for CEC express entry but didn't have enough points so I got my employers to do PNP International Student Stream for me. I submitted a PR application through that but it was taking too long and I had also accumulated enough points for Express Entry so I applied with Express Entry under CEC as well. My application on both sides is progressing and the lawyer told me to withdraw the other application whenever you get a PR through one of them.

When you are applying for the pr via CEC what answer did you give for the question 'Have you previously applied for the permanent residency?'
Since the PNP application is separate one I said no. Will it be a problem? I have my OINP application and CEC in process.

Reactions: rfgomide

Krystine

Dec 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
Hello,

Hello there,

I have one curious question.

What about going for under CEC and PNP linked to EE at the same time. As for my understanding, only one EE application can be on process.

I am applying for CEC soon and for the case I won't be invited under CEC, I am considering to apply under PNP as well.

Would it be possible that I go under PNP (linked to EE) and at the same time keep my CEC profile on and by any chance I get to receive the ITA under CEC while my PNP application is on process, then would it be possible that I switch from PNP to CEC?

Sarapgw

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Hello there,

I have one curious question.

What about going for under CEC and PNP linked to EE at the same time. As for my understanding, only one EE application can be on process.

I am applying for CEC soon and for the case I won't be invited under CEC, I am considering to apply under PNP as well.

Would it be possible that I go under PNP (linked to EE) and at the same time keep my CEC profile on and by any chance I get to receive the ITA under CEC while my PNP application is on process, then would it be possible that I switch from PNP to CEC?
You can have 2 application in one account but can not switch.

Krystine

Dec 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
You can have 2 application in one account but can not switch.
Hi Sarapqw,

Thanks for your input.

Do you mean that I can process both applications at the same time? EE-CEC and EE-PNP?
If so, once I get my PR through one of the stream and the other one is automatically cancelled?

msmahmood

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do know that you can have 2 applications for PR at the same time, but I am not sure how it works under EE.
My PNP application was paper based as I couldn't claim points for it in EE (International Students Stream), so I had to say "No" in my EE profile when it asked if I had been nominated by a province.

sasha.sp93

Jun 21, 2018
I do know that you can have 2 applications for PR at the same time, but I am not sure how it works under EE.
My PNP application was paper based as I couldn't claim points for it in EE (International Students Stream), so I had to say "No" in my EE profile when it asked if I had been nominated by a province.
Hi, how did you go about the medical exam? I've applied for PNP (paper based) a year ago, and then I figured EE (canadian experience) might be quicker so I have submitted it this year, in May. For EE, I had to do medical exam in advance, but now I just got a request to submit the medical exam for my original PNP application. I have no idea what to do now...

Reactions: mibrahim123

msmahmood

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, how did you go about the medical exam? I've applied for PNP (paper based) a year ago, and then I figured EE (canadian experience) might be quicker so I have submitted it this year, in May. For EE, I had to do medical exam in advance, but now I just got a request to submit the medical exam for my original PNP application. I have no idea what to do now...
I'd say do another medical exam for PNP too. You don't have to withdraw the other application until you get COPR from one.