+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I have both EE and Paper-based PR applications in process at the same time ?

RoTaBl

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Last month, IRCC invited 27k applicants to apply PRs under CEC via EE which was big news to get me thinking.
I am actually eligible for CEC, although my CRS score is not high.
I already submitted my PNP paper-based PR application, but I've not yet received my AOR. I will probably receive it in 1-2 months.
The major advantage of EE is 6-8 month process time, despite another set of the $550 processing fee.

After reading some related threads on the forum, I think it's possible and legal. So, I submitted my EE profile and I hope I will get the ITA in 1-2 months.
It's likely that I will link my paper-based application before having the EE one in process in the same IRCC account.

What do you think? I would like to see discussions happen in this thread.
What other things should I look out for? Will my province be mad at me if I have an APR of EE?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Last month, IRCC invited 27k applicants to apply PRs under CEC via EE which was big news to get me thinking.
I already submitted my PNP paper-based PR application, but I've not yet received my AOR. I will probably receive it in 1-2 months.
The major advantage of EE is 6-8 month process time, despite another set of the $550 processing fee.

After reading some related threads on the forum, I think it's possible and legal. So, I submitted my EE profile and I hope I will get the ITA in 1-2 months.
It's likely that I will link my paper-based application before having the EE one in process in the same IRCC account.

What other things should I look out for? Will my province be mad at me if I have an APR of EE?
You're fine to do both.

The big question is whether there will be another CEC draw with low scores.

Many / most of us believe the large CEC draw with low scores was a one time deal that won't be repeated by IRCC again.

RoTaBl

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Many / most of us believe the large CEC draw with low scores was a one time deal that won't be repeated by IRCC again.
I have seen the opposite opinion.

Big Picture: IRCC needs to hit its target of 400K PR each year in 3 yrs, including 2021.

Obstacle: due to Covid and border control, fewer immigrants, include international students will come to Canada in 3 yrs. Meaning: they will miss their
targets if their programs are not aggressive enough.

Theory: IRCC wants to issue PRs to immigrants who currently live in Canada and have the ability to economically establish.

That's why they did not invite ppl from FSW which has over 100K interests in late Feb.

Hypothesis: IRCC is waiting for the EE pool to be full and do a big draw again.

Reactions: mandeep85

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have seen the opposite opinion.

Big Picture: IRCC needs to hit its target of 400K PR each year in 3 yrs, including 2021.

Obstacle: due to Covid and border control, fewer immigrants, include international students will come to Canada in 3 yrs. Meaning: they will miss their
targets if their programs are not aggressive enough.

Theory: IRCC wants to issue PRs to immigrants who currently live in Canada and have the ability to economically establish.

That's why they did not invite ppl from FSW which has over 100K interests in late Feb.

Hypothesis: IRCC is waiting for the EE pool to be full and do a big draw again.
Anything is possible.

IMO if they were going to continue the draws then they would have done a series of smaller CEC specific draws like they have done previously. The 27,000 draw feels like more of a one time deal that isn't going to happen again.

Ultimately we are all just guessing and there's certainly no harm in having your profile in the pool. You may very well get lucky. Good luck.

Reactions: RoTaBl

Thisath

May 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
15-04-2021
Is EE effective only inlanders at the movement ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is EE effective only inlanders at the movement ?
No. Anyone can set up a profile right now.

In terms of the most recent draw, it was for CEC applicants. These applicants may be inland or outland - but they all had at least one year of Canadian work experience.

kavish02

Star Member
May 12, 2020

Bro how you submitted the expree entry profile by representative?

RoTaBl

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Bro how you submitted the express entry profile by representatives?
Not sure. I did it by myself.
If you have a professional representative, they are likely to have a special bulk account.
If you have a non-pro representative, the account is the same one for individuals and I think they can attach the 'Use of Representative' form with the PR application afterwards. (They can open an individual account under your name for you.)