+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I go to home country and return back to Canada after completing my final semester exams and then apply for work permit

Jagadesh B

Feb 28, 2023
Hi, I am planning to go to my home country just after finishing my final semester exams and come back before convocation and then apply for work permit. Is that possible? What reason should I say to the immigration and any suggestions please?

P.a: My study permit And visa expires 3 months after I return.

Robertburton

Feb 13, 2023
Hi, I am planning to go to my home country just after finishing my final semester exams and come back before convocation and then apply for work permit. Is that possible? What reason should I say to the immigration and any suggestions please?

P.a: My study permit And visa expires 3 months after I return.
It is possible to travel to your home country after finishing your final semester exams and before convocation. However, you will need to make sure that you meet the requirements for re-entry into Canada, as well as for applying for a work permit.

To re-enter Canada, you will need to show that you have a valid study permit and visa, and that you will be returning to Canada to continue your studies or to work. You may also be asked to provide proof of your ties to your home country, such as a job offer, property ownership, or family ties.

When you apply for a work permit, you will need to show that you have graduated from a recognized institution and that you have a job offer in Canada. It is important to note that you can only apply for a work permit within 90 days of receiving your final marks.

As for reasons for your trip, you could say that you are returning home to visit family or to take care of personal matters. It is important to be truthful and provide any necessary documentation to support your reasons for travel.

Overall, it is important to plan your trip carefully and ensure that you meet all the requirements for re-entry and for applying for a work permit. You may want to consult with an immigration lawyer or a registered immigration consultant for further guidance.