+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I get supervisa for my parents with old work history & investment?

CanadaFar

Star Member
Jun 13, 2021
I want to apply for my parents supervisa from now and I've become a Canadian citizen and I live in Canada. My question is: I haven't worked since mid-2019 until now (2021) due to some difficulties that I have had that started with pandemic in 2019. However, I have worked from 2013 to 2019 and my income has also been good for that duration, so I have a total of about CAD $280,000 in bank in Canada and I have all my tax forms and income slips from my full time works for those 7 years of work with me. I wanted to ask whether I can apply and get supervisa for my parents right now, or would I have to start searching for a new job this year to be able to apply? My parents also have some investments back in my our country (apartment/land and some money in their bank with their currency), and aside from that I also have an aunt (my father's sister) here in Canada who can also show her stability of income and investments if needed. I can also get the 1 year insurance for both of them. So I want to ask from those who are knowledgeable about this whether I can apply and get supervisa for my parents with my tax and work slips of last years (and if so, which years would be needed) since I have not worked since 2019 until now, and what other documents would help.

I don't know when I would get a new job, but if I get a job can I update my application documents for my parents supervisa with my new work documents too? I read on the requirements that proof of financial ability and stability matters and not necessarily tax slips or income proof of the last two immediate years, is that correct? I don't want their application have any risk for rejection as it has been already a very difficult year specially emotionally for us this year, so I would like to submit strong and complete documents to compensate for these couple years or so that I have not been able to work here in Canada, and your help is greatly appreciated! Also in what condition does the supervisa expire? How long supervisa would be good for, and do my parents need to apply and get new passports to have longer expiry dates although their current passports still have one more year validity? Thank you so much for your help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I want to apply for my parents supervisa from now and I've become a Canadian citizen and I live in Canada. My question is: I haven't worked since mid-2019 until now (2021) due to some difficulties that I have had that started with pandemic in 2019. However, I have worked from 2013 to 2019 and my income has also been good for that duration, so I have a total of about CAD $280,000 in bank in Canada and I have all my tax forms and income slips from my full time works for those 7 years of work with me. I wanted to ask whether I can apply and get supervisa for my parents right now, or would I have to start searching for a new job this year to be able to apply? My parents also have some investments back in my our country (apartment/land and some money in their bank with their currency), and aside from that I also have an aunt (my father's sister) here in Canada who can also show her stability of income and investments if needed. I can also get the 1 year insurance for both of them. So I want to ask from those who are knowledgeable about this whether I can apply and get supervisa for my parents with my tax and work slips of last years (and if so, which years would be needed) since I have not worked since 2019 until now, and what other documents would help.

I don't know when I would get a new job, but if I get a job can I update my application documents for my parents supervisa with my new work documents too? I read on the requirements that proof of financial ability and stability matters and not necessarily tax slips or income proof of the last two immediate years, is that correct? I don't want their application have any risk for rejection as it has been already a very difficult year specially emotionally for us this year, so I would like to submit strong and complete documents to compensate for these couple years or so that I have not been able to work here in Canada, and your help is greatly appreciated! Also in what condition does the supervisa expire? How long supervisa would be good for, and do my parents need to apply and get new passports to have longer expiry dates although their current passports still have one more year validity? Thank you so much for your help.
You need to get a job that meets the minimum income requirements before you'll be able to apply for a super visa.

Right now they qualify to apply for a regular TRV only. If you want to go the super visa route, you'll need to wait until you are working again.

You cannot use your savings or your aunt's income as a substitution.

CanadaFar

Star Member
Jun 13, 2021
You need to get a job that meets the minimum income requirements before you'll be able to apply for a super visa.

Right now they qualify to apply for a regular TRV only. If you want to go the super visa route, you'll need to wait until you are working again.

You cannot use your savings or your aunt's income as a substitution.
Thanks for your response, I am in the process of finding a new job, so can I apply as soon as I get my first month payment or earlier? and can documents be added and updated after submission?

I also asked a law firm and they said I can apply with my previous pay stubs and NOA of 2019 and the years before plus my bank statement and I have also gotten EI (employment insurance) and CERB and CRB (covid assistance) which the law firm said I can include. I also looked on this page and it doesn't say all the documents listed are required necessarily so I assume bank statements and savings EI and CERB and CRB and previous work documents should also work: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/eligibility.html

And can you please guide me about the passports requirement of my parents for application? should they have full 5-10 years validity when application is submitted? or can they renew their passports for longer validity when the results of their application comes? and about the medicals, are also needed at the time of applying? And should the insurance of one year also be already bought and submitted when applying, and if so, without knowing when the results of their application come available, and when they would be able to come to Canada how what date should be the insurance start date and end date be?

(If others can also kindly help answering these questions would be great as I have heard different answers about them from different people, and I don't know which one is correct, thanks!)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your response, I am in the process of finding a new job, so can I apply as soon as I get my first month payment or earlier? and can documents be added and updated after submission?

I also asked a law firm and they said I can apply with my previous pay stubs and NOA of 2019 and the years before plus my bank statement and I have also gotten EI (employment insurance) and CERB and CRB (covid assistance) which the law firm said I can include. I also looked on this page and it doesn't say all the documents listed are required necessarily so I assume bank statements and savings EI and CERB and CRB and previous work documents should also work: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/eligibility.html

And can you please guide me about the passports requirement of my parents for application? should they have full 5-10 years validity when application is submitted? or can they renew their passports for longer validity when the results of their application comes? and about the medicals, are also needed at the time of applying? And should the insurance of one year also be already bought and submitted when applying, and if so, without knowing when the results of their application come available, and when they would be able to come to Canada how what date should be the insurance start date and end date be?

(If others can also kindly help answering these questions would be great as I have heard different answers about them from different people, and I don't know which one is correct, thanks!)
You need to show that you meet the income requirements now. A NOA from 2019 won't cut it. They'll want to see a 2020 NOA minimum and potentially current employment records. Of course your choice what you do.

They can renew their passports for longer validity when the results of the application come in. However keep in mind that it's taking a long time for passports to be renewed in some countries right now so you don't want to leave this to the last minute.

CanadaFar

Star Member
Jun 13, 2021
You need to show that you meet the income requirements now. A NOA from 2019 won't cut it. They'll want to see a 2020 NOA minimum and potentially current employment records. Of course your choice what you do.

They can renew their passports for longer validity when the results of the application come in. However keep in mind that it's taking a long time for passports to be renewed in some countries right now so you don't want to leave this to the last minute.
So if I get a job that would meet the minimum requirement for covering the expenses of 3 people, can I apply immediately when I get the job, or should I get the first month payment and then apply? and if you know the answer re. my question about medical tests, and insurance also would be great if you can let me know. Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So if I get a job that would meet the minimum requirement for covering the expenses of 3 people, can I apply immediately when I get the job, or should I get the first month payment and then apply? and if you know the answer re. my question about medical tests, and insurance also would be great if you can let me know. Thanks!
Generally speaking, IRCC seems to be expecting the most recent NOAs in order for an application to be approved. I would recommend you read through the super visa threads in this section of the forum for recent experiences. This is where you'll get the best info and you'll find the recent recommendation is to ensure you have the latest NOA. It sounds like your NOA from 2020 doesn't show enought income, right? If so, you would want to wait until your 2021 NOA is available (I'm assuming that will show enough income).

You need to have insurance at the time you apply. You buy a policy you can cancel in the event the visa isn't approved.

CanadaFar

Star Member
Jun 13, 2021
Generally speaking, IRCC seems to be expecting the most recent NOAs in order for an application to be approved. I would recommend you read through the super visa threads in this section of the forum for recent experiences. This is where you'll get the best info and you'll find the recent recommendation is to ensure you have the latest NOA. It sounds like your NOA from 2020 doesn't show enought income, right? If so, you would want to wait until your 2021 NOA is available (I'm assuming that will show enough income).

You need to have insurance at the time you apply. You buy a policy you can cancel in the event the visa isn't approved.
Thanks for your answer. So of course if I get a job with total salary that covers that minimum requirement, I wouldn't be earning all of that total amount in the one or two months that I work, would it be fine then if I have worked only for short time in that job and haven't earned the total minimum of this year yet? and which month the NOA of 2021 would come available usually?

CanadaFar

Star Member
Jun 13, 2021
And also if I apply for TRV for them, in the meanwhile can I apply for their supervisa at the same time too?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your answer. So of course if I get a job with total salary that covers that minimum requirement, I wouldn't be earning all of that total amount in the one or two months that I work, would it be fine then if I have worked only for short time in that job and haven't earned the total minimum of this year yet? and which month the NOA of 2021 would come available usually?
Yes, it would be fine if you worked only a few months out of the year. However if you don't have a job now, I don't see how this is going to work out.

NOA becomes available a few weeks after you file your taxes. So let's say you file your taxes in March or April, then you'd be looking at April or May for the NOA to become available.

However in order to meet the income requirements in your 2021 NOA, you would need to be working now. Do you have a job now or are you still looking? If you're still looking, then you would need to wait until 2023 when your 2022 NOA is available (this assumes you get a job that meets the income requirements next year).

In short, if you aren't working now, then you are still more than a year off from being able to apply for a super visa for your parents.

CanadaFar

Star Member
Jun 13, 2021
Thanks for your response, I have worked for one full time job from second half of October this year (2021) and I am still working in this job. Its yearly salary has been just enough to cover the $38,780 per year, but of course I still have not earned all of that since it has only been over 2 months in this job this year (2021). So can I apply for super visa right now, or would I need to work for more months in this month to be able to apply? if I have to quit this job for another better job, would that be ok? or if I want to quit this job to search for better jobs? do I have to have earned the total of $38,780 and 2022 when I apply for supervisa? In addition to that, I have also worked remotely for a company in my home country this year (2021), and I don't know can I count in the income of that towards my income of this year too?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your response, I have worked for one full time job from second half of October this year (2021) and I am still working in this job. Its yearly salary has been just enough to cover the $38,780 per year, but of course I still have not earned all of that since it has only been over 2 months in this job this year (2021). So can I apply for super visa right now, or would I need to work for more months in this month to be able to apply? if I have to quit this job for another better job, would that be ok? or if I want to quit this job to search for better jobs? do I have to have earned the total of $38,780 and 2022 when I apply for supervisa? In addition to that, I have also worked remotely for a company in my home country this year (2021), and I don't know can I count in the income of that towards my income of this year too?
You can kee this job and it will let you meet the minimum income requirements. However you need to wait until you have NOA before you can apply for the super visa. That won't happen until March or later next year. So no, you cannot apply now. You will need to wait until later next year to apply.

You need to declare worldwide income in your tax return. So yes, you need to declare the income you have earned remotely.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Oh - and I think LICO is now $39,672.

CanadaFar

Star Member
Jun 13, 2021
Thanks so if
Oh - and I think LICO is now $39,672.
Thanks, my current income covers $39,672 too, so I can apply for my parents when the NOA of 2021 comes available, right? I thought I read somewhere that pay stubs or bank statement with prior investment would also work instead of NOA if the NOA has not come available yet, so is that not right? and also if I quit my canada job but keep my remote overseas job that provides me with LICO of this year, would that be fine? How about if I switch to a better job with higher income from this January 2022, would my income of 2022 (in canada and overseas) would also be counted toward my 2021 NOA?

utshab

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Thanks so if

Thanks, my current income covers $39,672 too, so I can apply for my parents when the NOA of 2021 comes available, right? I thought I read somewhere that pay stubs or bank statement with prior investment would also work instead of NOA if the NOA has not come available yet, so is that not right? and also if I quit my canada job but keep my remote overseas job that provides me with LICO of this year, would that be fine? How about if I switch to a better job with higher income from this January 2022, would my income of 2022 (in canada and overseas) would also be counted toward my 2021 NOA?
I have a similar question, is NOA necessary or pay stubs & employment letter good enough?

CanadaFar

Star Member
Jun 13, 2021