01-07-2018
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2018
LANDED..........
01-09-2018
Hello

I am applying for Lethbridge College, administrative office professional certificate program (1yr). the college waived my ielts as i studied in English medium in 12th and also gave all my exams in English. now i am preparing to apply for study permit. can i get the study permit without ielts??? in some previous posts i found that my application may be refused but there is no mention of ielts in the cic.gc.ca website. i am confused please help!!!

EdmontonDreamer

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Embassy
App. Filed.......
01-07-2018
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2018
LANDED..........
01-09-2018
Hello

I applied for Lethbridge College, administrative office professional certificate program (1yr) and got admission for fall 2017. they will be sending me visa package very soon. the college waived my ielts as i studied in English medium in 12th and also gave all my exams in English. now i am preparing to apply for study permit. can i get the study permit without ielts??? in some previous posts i found that my application may be refused but there is no mention of ielts in the cic.gc.ca website. i am confused please help!!!
[/quote]

EdmontonDreamer

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Embassy
App. Filed.......
01-07-2018
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2018
LANDED..........
01-09-2018
sorry i mistakenly wrote the first post.

my condition is the second post. plz someone clarify the doubt.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

EdmontonDreamer said:
Hello

I applied for Lethbridge College, administrative office professional certificate program (1yr) and got admission for fall 2017. they will be sending me visa package very soon. the college waived my ielts as i studied in English medium in 12th and also gave all my exams in English. now i am preparing to apply for study permit. can i get the study permit without ielts??? in some previous posts i found that my application may be refused but there is no mention of ielts in the cic.gc.ca website. i am confused please help!!!
1. If the school is prepared to accept you without IELTs, then it shouldn't be a problem IRCC, but it is possible to be refused for other reasons you should note.

EdmontonDreamer

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Embassy
App. Filed.......
01-07-2018
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2018
LANDED..........
01-09-2018
PMM thanks for the reply , i am from India and what are the other reasons that you are referring to???

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
EdmontonDreamer said:
PMM thanks for the reply , i am from India and what are the other reasons that you are referring to???
any of the usual reasons such as course not relevant to existing experience or education, ties to home country that show intention to return, funding available to pay international fees / living expense for a year and generally reasons for taking a course in Canada and not home country so actual purpose.

Reactions: King Ush

Harmanpreet

Mar 24, 2017
Hello

Hello
I need some information about lethbridge college international students. International students from india for esl course for 1year program in lethbridge college . I want to apply for my brother from india with IELTS score 5 bands overall. His persued his grade 12 in 2012,
2014 -deisel mechanic diploma 1year
2015 -IElTS coaching and exam
2016-till date he is working as a deisel mechanic in workshop.
He had quite a bit study gap in between . He wants to get admission in ESL program in order to meet the language requiremnts for post secondary studies in canada.
what are the chances for him to get accepted in lethbridge?
Any suggestion for any visa consultant for the application process in punjab,india
Thanks
Harman

mandeep62

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Harmanpreet said:
Hello

Hello
I need some information about lethbridge college international students. International students from india for esl course for 1year program in lethbridge college . I want to apply for my brother from india with IELTS score 5 bands overall. His persued his grade 12 in 2012,
He had quite a bit study gap in between . He wants to get admission in ESL program in order to meet the language requiremnts for post secondary studies in canada.
Any suggestion for any visa consultant for the application process in punjab,india
Thanks
Harman
I think, he should work hard and improve his IELTS Score to at least 6.0. If he is currently working, he would have study course related to his job.
If your brother wants to get admission in ESL program, Visa officer will wonder why he's not studying English in India instead of learning in Canada.

He should only choose the course that is related to his career.

Harmanpreet

Mar 24, 2017
Hii
He attemped ielts 3 times his ielts scores are not going up thats why we want to try in EAP program so he can get into the college, do 1year english course and get admission in post secondary diploma . Visa consultant is advising this. I dont know who to trust. Does any body know any student who went to lethbridge college in EAP course from punjab,india. Please contact via email : harmanpreet.1991@gmail.com or text /call6472828773
Thanks
Harman

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Harmanpreet said:
Hello

Hello
Thanks
Harman

You can try for sure, but profile is way too weak for visa approval both in terms of IELTS and academic progression. Chances are slim to none.

EdmontonDreamer

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Embassy
App. Filed.......
01-07-2018
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2018
LANDED..........
01-09-2018
Bs65 said:
any of the usual reasons such as course not relevant to existing experience or education, ties to home country that show intention to return, funding available to pay international fees / living expense for a year and generally reasons for taking a course in Canada and not home country so actual purpose.
i got Letter of Acceptance from Lethbridge College for administrative office professional certificate program (1yr). i was exempted from ielts as i completed my 12th in english medium and gave all my exams in english. for that i showed a letter from my school stating the above evidence. so i dont have ielts. i appeared for BA degree final exam this year but the result is still not out. i got admission at Lethbridge College on the basis of 12th result and studying 12th in english. Now i will apply for study visa in non-spp (general) category via online.What are my chances of getting approved? will my previous education be relevant to my course?
my profile is as follows:
CBSE 10th= 7.6 CGPA
WBCHSE(West Bengal board)= 56.2% with English marks=71/100
have sufficient funds required.
no relative in canada.
never travelled to any foreign country.
was studying BA degree initially with English hons. but switched to general in final year. 1 paper backlog, but has been cleared. completing 3 yr degree in 4 yrs. done certificate in computer applications (CCA) 6 month course, while doing BA.
Have all documents except ielts, but will fill waiver form.

-EdmontonDreamer

mandeep62

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
EdmontonDreamer said:
i got Letter of Acceptance from Lethbridge College for administrative office professional certificate program (1yr). i was exempted from ielts as i completed my 12th in english medium and gave all my exams in english. for that i showed a letter from my school stating the above evidence. so i dont have ielts. i appeared for BA degree final exam this year but the result is still not out. i got admission at Lethbridge College on the basis of 12th result and studying 12th in english. Now i will apply for study visa in non-spp (general) category via online.What are my chances of getting approved? will my previous education be relevant to my course?
my profile is as follows:
CBSE 10th= 7.6 CGPA
WBCHSE(West Bengal board)= 56.2% with English marks=71/100
have sufficient funds required.
no relative in canada.
never travelled to any foreign country.
was studying BA degree initially with English hons. but switched to general in final year. 1 paper backlog, but has been cleared. completing 3 yr degree in 4 yrs. done certificate in computer applications (CCA) 6 month course, while doing BA.
Have all documents except ielts, but will fill waiver form.

-EdmontonDreamer
Having IELTS under your belt increases your chance of getting study permit. I don't think, your previous education is relevant to the selected program.

Azp6680

Jul 22, 2017
Canada
Hi everybody,
Anyone who got visa without IELTS if university waved IELTS for admission.

Please reply,
As i got admission from dal housie university in MSc in internetworking.

This will be my second master as i did master in cyber security from demont fort university UK.
Thus being uk degree holder university accept my application without IELTS.
Now time to apply for study permit. But m afraid will i get visa without IELTS?

I wonder if you can help me guyz..

EdmontonDreamer

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Embassy
App. Filed.......
01-07-2018
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2018
LANDED..........
01-09-2018
Hi ,
I have similar question.

Did you apply? Or did you got visa without IELTS?
Yes i applied. still waiting for visa.

Reactions: Azp6680