+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I get study permit if I didn't get the POE letter from the visa office?

RvSheth

Jul 31, 2019
UPDATE-
I sent an email to immigration services on the 4th and I got the POE sent to my email today morning (6th). Hopefully everything else goes smoothly.
Thanks to all of you who offered your suggestions, tips etc and helped me along the way. Hope you have a great day!
What is their email Id ..?

lisi1013

Aug 2, 2019
What is their email Id ..?
That would depend on where you have applied from. You have to send an email to the immigration services where your application was sent. I reside in UAE and applied from there so the email ID was ABDIimmigration@international.gc.ca (ABDI because it is in Abu Dhabi). I just figured it myself because I could only find the email for immigration services at New Delhi (I am at India for vacation) which is delhi@international.gc.ca and guessed that ABDBI would be the first half of the ID because that was the first half of the ID from when I got my biometrics approved.

So in short, the email ID would depend on the location of the immigration services that you are trying to contact. Maybe you can find the exact one online or figure it out the way I did (as I have mentioned above).

All the best!

harsh_deep

Dec 2, 2019
Hello!
I got my student visa stamped on my passport on May. I also got a letter saying that my biometrics was approved (valid for 10 years) but I did not get the POE emailed to me and was not aware of such a document. I found out recently that this needs to be shown to the immigration officer so that they can issue a study permit for me. I will be travelling on the coming 23rd. I have sent a request regarding this to CIC but have not recieved any respose yet. I have the other required documents with me- letter from the university (offer of admission), biometrics approval letter and student visa.
Will I get a study permit issued or is there any particular procedure to go through for getting it?
Any helpful replies would be greatly appreciated as I am travelling currently and it would be hard for me to get things done easily (no wifi at some places).
Note- I am not from a visa exempt country so I can't exit to the US in case i need to exit and re-enter Canada.
Thank you !

Did they ask for the same? If yes, what did you say? Did you get study permit?

harsh_deep

Dec 2, 2019
Hi there,
I had applied for my study visa on 9th September. Got my biometrics done on 16th September. Got an passport request on 19th. In few days, i got my stamped visa but I've not received LOI or POE letter yet. I'm flying on 18th December. Will it create any issue if you don't have POE or LOI alongwith you?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

harsh_deep

Dec 2, 2019
Hello!
I got my student visa stamped on my passport on May. I also got a letter saying that my biometrics was approved (valid for 10 years) but I did not get the POE emailed to me and was not aware of such a document. I found out recently that this needs to be shown to the immigration officer so that they can issue a study permit for me. I will be travelling on the coming 23rd. I have sent a request regarding this to CIC but have not recieved any respose yet. I have the other required documents with me- letter from the university (offer of admission), biometrics approval letter and student visa.
Will I get a study permit issued or is there any particular procedure to go through for getting it?
Any helpful replies would be greatly appreciated as I am travelling currently and it would be hard for me to get things done easily (no wifi at some places).
Note- I am not from a visa exempt country so I can't exit to the US in case i need to exit and re-enter Canada.
Thank you !
Did you get study permit without any issue?
Please tell me

Amritner

Apr 14, 2021
Category........
STUDY
UPDATE-
I sent an email to immigration services on the 4th and I got the POE sent to my email today morning (6th). Hopefully everything else goes smoothly.
Thanks to all of you who offered your suggestions, tips etc and helped me along the way. Hope you have a great day!
Hey, can you please tell me at what email address you sent you query? And how fid u get poe?

fahim54

Mar 21, 2023
I have got my visa approved on Dec 2022
Still didnt receive my poe letter..i have to submit this letter to my university by april ..i have raised webform regarding this issue..in reply ircc said that they have added my requested documents to my online account but it might not be visible coz of technical reasons..it been almost 3 weeks and i still didnt get my poe letter..will i get the letter from immigration officer if i travel early??or will there be a problem ??

smnmlk

Apr 12, 2023
it happened to me too. so I checked my application status tracker, you can find its website by searching on Google and you can open an account with your UCI and Application Number
then checked if I have the study permit number in my profile in the Documents Status section, after I found it, I printed it and showed it in the way to Canada and I've got my study permit, there was no issue. they just fix my profile at the Toronto airport.
the officer didn't ask for my port of entry letter ( POE ).

fahim54

Mar 21, 2023
it happened to me too. so I checked my application status tracker, you can find its website by searching on Google and you can open an account with your UCI and Application Number
then checked if I have the study permit number in my profile in the Documents Status section, after I found it, I printed it and showed it in the way to Canada and I've got my study permit, there was no issue. they just fix my profile at the Toronto airport.
the officer didn't ask for my port of entry letter ( POE ).
I reached here on april 2. They didnt ask for my poe letter. I took the risk of coming here without poe and got my study and work permit both without a hassle.