+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I get stamping in USA?..Applied Visitor Visa Online in India.

JSPCAN

Oct 20, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I submitted visitor Visa application ONLINE in India on 30 September,2016 but till date I have not heard from the Canadian Embassy regarding the status.

I plan to fly to US on 6 Nov,2016 so there are not much working days left.

Assuming that I get a visa approval and my passports are called for visa stamping:

-Can I get my visa stamping done in USA?
-What is the process?

Best Regards

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. Yes, you can.

2. You must write to the US visa office (after you get passport request) to confirm that you can submit your passport to the NY/LA VAC

JSPCAN

Oct 20, 2016
Bryanna said:
1. Yes, you can.

2. You must write to the US visa office (after you get passport request) to confirm that you can submit your passport to the NY/LA VAC

Hi ,

Thanks for you revert....It gives me some relief to know that is possible.

Can you pls give me some more details if possible on the process:

-DO I have to write to or contact to Canadian Embassy in India and then they will establish contact with Canadian Embassy (or VAC) in New York/LA and direct me to go to the consulate in New York/LA

or

Should I directly go the Canadian Embassy (or VAC) in New York/LA and let them know about my visa approval and inability to get it stamped while India.

Is there any where I can read about such a possibility on cic.gc.ca or any other website ,which gives the complete process and timelines.

Thanks in anticipation.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
DO I have to write to or contact to Canadian Embassy in India and then they will establish contact with Canadian Embassy (or VAC) in New York/LA and direct me to go to the consulate in New York/LA
It's pretty simple.

You must write to both the US (NY/LA whichever is nearest) + the India visa offices. Request them to confirm that you can submit your passport for visa stamping

Is there any where I can read about such a possibility on cic.gc.ca or any other website ,which gives the complete process and timelines.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sending-original-passport-for-stamping-in-different-country-t430426.0.html;msg5292087#msg5292087

rameshkn

Nov 3, 2016
Hi JSPCAN

I am in a similar situation, i applied online on october 25th canada TRV visa till now no update but i need to travel to US on 22nd November.

Please let me know how you handled this issue.

It will help me, please let me know what procedure you followed.

Regards
Ramesh

Subhav

Oct 29, 2019
Hi JSPCAN

I am in a similar situation, i applied online on october 25th canada TRV visa till now no update but i need to travel to US on 22nd November.

Please let me know how you handled this issue.

It will help me, please let me know what procedure you followed.

Regards
Ramesh
Hi,
Were you able to do the stamping in USA or did you return back to India for stamping?