+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I get Quebec public healthcare coverage while waiting for spousal sponsorship?

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Can I get Quebec public healthcare coverage while waiting for spousal sponsorship?
No, but at what what level you are in the process ( should go for private health insurance awaiting the PR ,no matter what the cost is for emergencies ,you dont want to be hit by the high bills .

Ste_Vege

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
No, but at what what level you are in the process ( should go for private health insurance awaiting the PR ,no matter what the cost is for emergencies ,you dont want to be hit by the high bills .
I haven't submitted yet. I haven't moved to Quebec/Canada yet.

Do you have some recommendations for the emergencies health insurance? I checked the Blue Cross visitors insurance, but it only covers to $150k, it doesn't seem enough to me? When I buy my travel insurance, I buy the ones with $10mil healthcare cover... am I missing something?

Also, when I buy my travel insurance, it includes personal liability to $2mil, is this something that is needed as a visitor/resident of Quebec? I am from Europe and nobody has personal liability insurance (apart from the one included in the car insurance).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to wait until you hae AIP to the best of my knowledge which comes at the end fo the process. So you need to purchase private health insurance to cover emergencies until then (or not, but pretty risky to go without insurance) and then pay out of pocket for any non-emergency care.

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
I haven't submitted yet. I haven't moved to Quebec/Canada yet.

Do you have some recommendations for the emergencies health insurance? I checked the Blue Cross visitors insurance, but it only covers to $150k, it doesn't seem enough to me? When I buy my travel insurance, I buy the ones with $10mil healthcare cover... am I missing something?

Also, when I buy my travel insurance, it includes personal liability to $2mil, is this something that is needed as a visitor/resident of Quebec? I am from Europe and nobody has personal liability insurance (apart from the one included in the car insurance).
giving you two examples of associated cost in Quebec
Admitting – Stay as an in-patient$3,315 / day
Stay in Intensive Care Unit$8,976 / day