+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I get PR with part time job as Customer Service Manager in Walmart ?

Sreekez

Jan 20, 2018
Hi ,

Am currently working as Customer Service Manager in Walmart and I am getting around 30 or 35 hours a week

My workpermit is valid for 1 year only
So it will end in 1 year from now

I have 1 year experience from India and have PGDM from India also

I already did a 1 year course here in Canada
Post graduate certificate

I wrote IELTS
I got overall 8
With Reading 8
Writing 6.5
Speaking 7
And listening 8.5

I will mostly write it again to get better score in writing and fill the criteria of 7,7,7,8

My question is
Can I apply for PR with my current customer service manager experience if I work for 1 year here ?

Please do Help

Kayne

Apr 5, 2019
Canada
If it's per time, you'll need about 2 years work experience to apply. But your job is skilled. You'll just need more time. You need to research and calculate how much time you need according to your average weekly per time hours.

Reactions: Sreekez

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi ,

Am currently working as Customer Service Manager in Walmart and I am getting around 30 or 35 hours a week

I wrote IELTS
I got overall 8
With Reading 8
Writing 6.5
Speaking 7
And listening 8.5

I will mostly write it again to get better score in writing and fill the criteria of 7,7,7,8

My question is
Can I apply for PR with my current customer service manager experience if I work for 1 year here ?

Please do Help
30 or more hours per week is considered as "full-time" for immigration purposes.

Reactions: Sreekez

Sreekez

Jan 20, 2018
If I get another job , like assistant marketing manager in one month
Which means I have only 11 months left on my work permit and I work for that job for 11 months plus with the one month I worked with Walmart as customer service manager , will that be considered 1 year work experience , can I apply for work permit with that ?
If it's per time, you'll need about 2 years work experience to apply. But your job is skilled. You'll just need more time. You need to research and calculate how much time you need according to your average weekly per time hours.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
How many hours do I have to work to get 1 year Canadian experience ?

Also if I do 28 1 week and 35 next week
Is it fine ?
No. You get no credit for more than 30 hours. So, the extra hours in the 35 week do NOT balance the missing 2 hours in the 28 week.

Kayne

Apr 5, 2019
Canada
For further clarification, read what the CIC website has to say here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html

If I get another job , like assistant marketing manager in one month
Which means I have only 11 months left on my work permit and I work for that job for 11 months plus with the one month I worked with Walmart as customer service manager , will that be considered 1 year work experience , can I apply for work permit with that ?

delreini

Sep 1, 2019
Hi ,

Am currently working as Customer Service Manager in Walmart getting benefits through Walmartone and I am getting around 30 or 35 hours a week

I wrote IELTS
I got overall 8
With Reading 8
Writing 6.5
Speaking 7
And listening 8.5

My question is
Please do Help
To apply for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class, your skilled work experience must:

• be in a job classified as skill type 0, or skill level A or B according to the 2016 , National Occupational Classification
  • amount to at least one year of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) in the previous three years,
  • have been with an employer in Canada (self-employment does not count),
  • be gained with the proper legal authorization (for example, as a documented worker with a valid work permit), and
  • not be gained while you were studying on a student permit.

Mindu

Apr 30, 2021
Hi
I was working as a cashier in walmart while on my student permit but i am now applying for my PGWP and getting a full-time Customer Service Manager position at Walmart. So my question is which NOC level it is and can i apply for my Permanent residency on the basis of this job.
Note :- I am currently in Vancouver and i have my spouse with me.
Thank you

Robin.2222

Oct 3, 2021
Hi
I was working as a cashier in walmart while on my student permit but i am now applying for my PGWP and getting a full-time Customer Service Manager position at Walmart. So my question is which NOC level it is and can i apply for my Permanent residency on the basis of this job.
Note :- I am currently in Vancouver and i have my spouse with me.
Thank you
Hi,
Did you find out the NOC code for the position of a CSM at Walmart?

Feb 15, 2022
Hi ,

Am currently working as Customer Service Manager in Walmart and I am getting around 30 or 35 hours mymorri payslip week

I wrote IELTS
I got overall 8
With Reading 8
Writing 6.5
Speaking 7
And listening 8.5

My question is

Please do Help
I have also same issue any suggestion for this so please reply. Thanks in advance.

Briena

Jul 22, 2022
Hi ,

I wrote IELTS
I got overall 8
With Reading 8
Writing 6.5
Speaking 7
And listening 8.5

My question is

Please do Help
I'm not sure if you can get a job where you said but didn't think about trying to find a remote job with a customer service provider. If you like working in this field, I think you can realize your potential.