+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I get PR faster after Documents Submission and ETA?

Jun 26, 2019
Hi
I arrived in Canada on a closed work permit (on GSS) but was terminated in less than a year because of the pandemic. I appeared for IELTS over and over again, and eventually got picked up in express entry for Permanent Residency. I have submitted all the documents, but my friends (and website) say it will take about 4 months to process the application.
Is there a way to get my PR card faster, I have interviews lined up and I don't want to miss those opportunities. Please help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi
I arrived in Canada on a closed work permit (on GSS) but was terminated in less than a year because of the pandemic. I appeared for IELTS over and over again, and eventually got picked up in express entry for Permanent Residency. I have submitted all the documents, but my friends (and website) say it will take about 4 months to process the application.
Is there a way to get my PR card faster, I have interviews lined up and I don't want to miss those opportunities. Please help
Processing is taking longer right now due to Covid-19. I would expect 8-10 months for processing. There is no way to expedite. If your closed work permit is still valid then you may be able to apply for a bridging open work permit which would allow you to work for any employer once approved.

Jun 26, 2019
@scylla and @PAINKILLER28 Thank you.
My closed work permit expires in Mid-2022, but the BOWP rules mention that I should have a "work permit that expires in 4 months or less".
Is there anything I could do to still apply for the BOWP?

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@scylla and @PAINKILLER28 Thank you.
My closed work permit expires in Mid-2022, but the BOWP rules mention that I should have a "work permit that expires in 4 months or less".
Is there anything I could do to still apply for the BOWP?

Thanks in advance.
You can try applying for a BOWP stating that your employer has released you from employment. You may be approved. However as said above, processing will take 3-5 months so this won't be fast.

Jun 26, 2019
You can try applying for a BOWP stating that your employer has released you from employment. You may be approved. However as said above, processing will take 3-5 months so this won't be fast.
@scylla Many Thanks, I have one last question.
I have heard government is offering monthly payments as COVID relief to people affected during the pandemic.

Could me applying for or receiving this benefit affect my chances of approval of PR application?

Thanks in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@scylla Many Thanks, I have one last question.
I have heard government is offering monthly payments as COVID relief to people affected during the pandemic.

Could me applying for or receiving this benefit affect my chances of approval of PR application?

Thanks in advance.
You don't qualify because you need to be able to actively look for employment and you can't work for anyone else on your closed WP.

Reactions: PAINKILLER28