+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I get PCC while I am vacationing in India?

supersurfer9

Aug 30, 2022
I need to get PCC (India) for my canadian citizenship application as it's been more than 180 days in India currently.I plan to apply for citizenship once I am back in Canada. So I am wondering if I can get PCC from India before return to Canada? would it be valid for my application ?

supersurfer9

Aug 30, 2022
The acceptable age for your PCC depends on your own location when you submit your application.

If you are living in the country that issued the PCC, then the PCC must be less than 6 months old when you file it.

If you are living outside of the country that issued the PCC, as long as the PCC was issued after you last lived in the country, it will not expire. You can use the PCC regardless, since your address details will show you have not lived in that country since.

----------------
I found the above information on a canadian immigration company website.
https://thewayimmigration.ca/immigration-tips/top-mistakes-with-police-certificates#:~:text=A PCC is needed for,Resident applications, and for citizenship.

supersurfer9

Aug 30, 2022
The above video also confirms the same thing - "PCC is valid for 6 months. So if we plan to apply for Citizenship application within 6 months of PCC expiry date, it should be fine"

garima994

Sep 11, 2019
Hi have to submit PCC for my mother who is on vistor visa and currently in Canada. Can I use BLS services in this case since she is a visitor?