+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i get married on TRV?

Zappee

Jun 1, 2019
Can I get married on a Temporary Resident visa? What are the steps? Hope someone can help me.. I’m from the Philippines been with my fiance for 5yrs.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If you are in Canada, you can certainly get married. How you do it depends on the province, but you typically need ID, a marriage license, and someone authorized to conduct the marriage.

Zappee

Jun 1, 2019
Alberta is the province so after we get married I go back home to the Philippines and do the process from my country or is there an option to stay and apply for residency or can my husband to be do an inland sponsorship? Would really appreciate replies thank u

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Alberta is the province so after we get married I go back home to the Philippines and do the process from my country or is there an option to stay and apply for residency or can my husband to be do an inland sponsorship? Would really appreciate replies thank u
Yes, he can do an inland sponsorship.

Read this - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#incanada

and read the whole guide; I linked to the specific section in it.