+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I get married after filing ITA

Jun 23, 2020
I have decent score to get into federal draw. My marriage plan is also on going but due to COVID-19 it's slow. What can be the results if I submit my application and get married and add my spouse in family.
  1. will my application will be cancelled ?
  2. will it be recalculated?
  3. what things will be required from spouse
what is the best way to tackle the current situation?

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
  1. will it be recalculated?
  2. Yes
  4. Depends on whether you are claiming points for anything education, language then you have to provide the same sort of documents as for yourself

Jun 23, 2020
I have decent score to get into federal draw. My marriage plan is also on going but due to COVID-19 it's slow. What can be the results if I submit my application and get married and add my spouse in family.
  1. will my application will be cancelled ?
  2. will it be recalculated?
what is the best way to tackle the current situation?

Suppose if I got and ITA and submitted my application after two month i got married will then my score will be calculated and I have to process my husbands ECA and Ilets

NiniAroy

Jan 22, 2020
your score would not be recalculated as long as your application was submitted before you got married. after your wedding all you need is to raise a web note informing IRCC that you are married and you intend to add your spouse as a dependent in your application. it would be instructive to attach your marriage certificate to this webnote. IRCC would respond and all that would be required is for your spouse to have his or her medicals done and for you to share an updated proof of funds to cover both you and your spouse.

Jun 23, 2020
your score would not be recalculated as long as your application was submitted before you got married. after your wedding all you need is to raise a web note informing IRCC that you are married and you intend to add your spouse as a dependent in your application. it would be instructive to attach your marriage certificate to this webnote. IRCC would respond and all that would be required is for your spouse to have his or her medicals done and for you to share an updated proof of funds to cover both you and your spouse.
Have you seen such cases? or it is personal experience

romeo0909

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
i disagree..i have my sis who got married after receiving the ita. after she informed that she got married, they rejected her application on basis of fraud. a lot of people do this fraud. now she cannot apply for another 5 years. my suggestion, wait until you get married and then apply with spoude

Reactions: sanyaak
Jun 23, 2020
i disagree..i have my sis who got married after receiving the ita. after she informed that she got married, they rejected her application on basis of fraud. a lot of people do this fraud. now she cannot apply for another 5 years. my suggestion, wait until you get married and then apply with spoude
I do not want to waste the opportunity.. but marriage is not fixed.. People might be doing this as fraud.. but in my case it's genuine.. I cannot take PR as after that only i have to sponsor and it will take very much time..

romeo0909

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Unless you have the ielts and Wes done already you don’t really have a chance.
Any even if you’re case is genuine the IRCC won’t see it like that. You will be considered as one of those that get a high score without a spouse and then try to bypass the system by applying for visa for spouse just to get them in the country. People do this as a business.

Jun 23, 2020
Unless you have the ielts and Wes done already you don’t really have a chance.
Any even if you’re case is genuine the IRCC won’t see it like that. You will be considered as one of those that get a high score without a spouse and then try to bypass the system by applying for visa for spouse just to get them in the country. People do this as a business.
So maximum they will ask for recalculation of score. Right? I am not sure about your sister.. why it was considered as fraud for genuine marriage.
but in odd situation it should go for recalculation

romeo0909

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
You would get your ita at a score. If you add your spouse your score can go up or down so your ita is not valid. Best case is that they will reject the ita and you would go back in the pool. Have you done Wes and ielts?

anipbhat

Jun 24, 2020
I was in a similar situation and you should be fine adding your spouse.
When IRCC asks for proof of relationship, I made sure to provide lots of photos during our dating phase, marriage, etc... along with the marriage certificate.

I referred to the following link where other members of the forum have similar question and opinions.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/what-happens-if-i-got-married-after-i-receive-ita-or-after-i-file-e-apr.621771/#:~:text=No, if you marry after,your application as a dependent.

Jun 23, 2020
I was in a similar situation and you should be fine adding your spouse.
When IRCC asks for proof of relationship, I made sure to provide lots of photos during our dating phase, marriage, etc... along with the marriage certificate.

I referred to the following link where other members of the forum have similar question and opinions.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/what-happens-if-i-got-married-after-i-receive-ita-or-after-i-file-e-apr.621771/#:~:text=No, if you marry after,your application as a dependent.
Thanks..