+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I get an ITA as a PR holder? (planning to renounce existing PR)

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

I've come to the conclusion that I need to renounce my PR and apply again because I've lived for too long outside Canada and will not satisfy the residency requirement. I should be able to qualify again.

My question is, in the interest of saving time, is it possible to do both in parallel? I want to apply to renounce and at the same time create a new online profile and wait for a round that would accept my score. Ideally, I would like to renounce only after I qualify online and get an Invitation To Apply (ITA). Would I even get an ITA if they can see that I already have a valid Permanent Residence?

Do you think this is possible or will it cause problems?

Thank you

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You would need to wait for the renunciation to be effective. A PR cannot apply for PR.
Thanks for your reply.
I understand that I cannot apply for a PR until I renounce. However, I want to wait only until I get an ITA (that's an invitation) which is not in itself an application, I will still have 60 days from the day I receive the ITA to actually apply for the PR. In that time, I can renounce my PR.

What do you think?

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Try appealing to restore your PR status. Might work out
I did not lose it. My card expires in September 2021, but by the time I'm able to move there (early next year), there won't be enough time left in my card to finish 2 years to be able to renew. That means I would have to stay in the country and not leave it, wait to complete to years then apply to renew my card. I do NOT want to be tied in the country for 1-2 years without being able to leave. I still qualify, so I don't see why not just apply again.

I don't want something that "might work out", it is not worth it for me. I would rather do this properly and get 5 years again.

If anyone could answer my question, I would appreciate it:

Can I get an ITA if I still have a PR? I know I cannot apply for a new PR while having a PR already, but I'm talking about just the ITA that you get when you create an online profile. I'm thinking I should not renounce unless I know for a fact I'm qualified and get an ITA first.

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
Haven't you seen the section where it asks if you have applied before? What will you do here? Lie? You would then go into misrepresentation.

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Haven't you seen the section where it asks if you have applied before? What will you do here? Lie? You would then go into misrepresentation.
Which section is that? Is it part of the online profile?

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes.
Not certain if in profile or application but the question is there.
I'm going to check all the questions in my profile today. I stopped filling it to wait to finish my IELTS this weekend first, but I'll take a look at all questions to see.

From what you said, it sounds like it's a question about other applications. I have no other applications, this is not a question about having a PR.

I do expect to have to renounce before applying for a PR again tho when I receive an ITA.

vvik33

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
I'm going to check all the questions in my profile today. I stopped filling it to wait to finish my IELTS this weekend first, but I'll take a look at all questions to see.

From what you said, it sounds like it's a question about other applications. I have no other applications, this is not a question about having a PR.

I do expect to have to renounce before applying for a PR again tho when I receive an ITA.
hi what's your CRS?