+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I get a new coop work permit through Flagpoling?

Pleasehelp23

Nov 29, 2023
I have a study and coop work permit with a restriction prohibiting me from working in healthcare, even though I am currently in a healthcare program. I applied online months ago to remove this with a new medical exam attached but the time is taking a while. I went to rainbow bridge today to flagpole to get the restriction off. But the officer said that since I applied online for my current study/coop permit from ircc they don’t hold power to change the condition or give me a new coop permit. That the one I got from my online application is “above them” all they can do is put a note down for me that I came and got my things in order. Now I want to go to another point of entry tomorrow would it still be the same answer? Even though all I want is an open coop permit ?

Would appreciate anyones insight as quickly as possible.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have a study and coop work permit with a restriction prohibiting me from working in healthcare, even though I am currently in a healthcare program. I applied online months ago to remove this with a new medical exam attached but the time is taking a while. I went to rainbow bridge today to flagpole to get the restriction off. But the officer said that since I applied online for my current study/coop permit from ircc they don’t hold power to change the condition or give me a new coop permit. That the one I got from my online application is “above them” all they can do is put a note down for me that I came and got my things in order. Now I want to go to another point of entry tomorrow would it still be the same answer? Even though all I want is an open coop permit ?

Would appreciate anyones insight as quickly as possible.
Your title is misleading because you have an approved co-op work permit. You aren’t applying for a new permit. CBSA cannot remove restrictions or change conditions so answer will most likely be the same. CBSA can only approve and extend a permit.

Pleasehelp23

Nov 29, 2023
Your title is misleading because you have an approved co-op work permit. You aren’t applying for a new permit. CBSA cannot remove restrictions or change conditions so answer will most likely be the same. CBSA can only approve and extend a permit.
the. Can I get another approved and extended work permit without the conditions. As the first one was due to my medical exam but I have on file that I’ve done it and they have received it. And to adddue to thecoop I have now I had to defer my clinical placement to next year amd have a letter of coop placement and enrollment passed the expiry date of the ones I have currently. I already tried extending it alongside a study permit extension application online but the processing time is too long aMr I’m in desperate need cause I won’t be able to graduate.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
the. Can I get another approved and extended work permit without the conditions. As the first one was due to my medical exam but I have on file that I’ve done it and they have received it. And to adddue to thecoop I have now I had to defer my clinical placement to next year amd have a letter of coop placement and enrollment passed the expiry date of the ones I have currently. I already tried extending it alongside a study permit extension application online but the processing time is too long aMr I’m in desperate need cause I won’t be able to graduate.
Is your co-op permit still valid? When does it expire? If not expiring you cannot get a new co-op permit because it is still valid. You have a permit but need to change conditions which CBSA cannot do.