+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I fold the COPR?

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
I just landed today and had no other option but to single fold it when I was traveling. At the immigration the officer folded it too and gave me.

I don't like folding my important documents but I guess we don't have a choice with this paper.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
bu ayaan said:
I just landed today and had no other option but to single fold it when I was traveling. At the immigration the officer folded it too and gave me.

I don't like folding my important documents but I guess we don't have a choice with this paper.
congratulations on your landing....welcome to Canada :D

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
bu ayaan said:

Congrats!! Can you tell me more about your landing experience?

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
canadiangirl78 said:
Congrats!! Can you tell me more about your landing experience?
I have been to Canada few times even though I am not from a visa excempt
country so was kinda familiar with what to expect . The visa and the custom officer were both very friendly and the whole process didn't take more than 15 mins.

Once you are on your way flying to Canada you will receive a landing card to be filled for the immigration. This is a card given to everyone regardless if you are a Canadian citizen or not. You fill the card on the plane and when arrive at the immigration counter the officer there will ask you the purpose of your trip today. Explain them that you are a new immigrant. They will write 'I' on your care and ask you to go in the hall behind them where the immigration officer will ask you few questions. Reading on the forum each person is asked different questions. In my case the lady officer asked my wife when she immigrated to Canada and was it with her family or individual? That was it she stamped my COPR and cancelled my visa on the passport and asked me to go to baggage claim and if I had any goods to follow to declare I will be given directions on what to do by the custom officer.

The custom officer asked me what goods I was bringing and what will be following. I didn't have any goods to declare except my one watch that I was wearing and the other two that I will be bringing in later. Few paper works n some generic questions and off I was out of the door.

I would say the process is very easy and stress free.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
bu ayaan said:
country so was kinda familiar with what to expect . The visa and the custom officer were both very friendly and the whole process didn't take more than 15 mins.

Once you are on your way flying to Canada you will receive a landing card to be filled for the immigration. This is a card given to everyone regardless if you are a Canadian citizen or not. You fill the card on the plane and when arrive at the immigration counter the officer there will ask you the purpose of your trip today. Explain them that you are a new immigrant. They will write 'I' on your care and ask you to go in the hall behind them where the immigration officer will ask you few questions. Reading on the forum each person is asked different questions. In my case the lady officer asked my wife when she immigrated to Canada and was it with her family or individual? That was it she stamped my COPR and cancelled my visa on the passport and asked me to go to baggage claim and if I had any goods to follow to declare I will be given directions on what to do by the custom officer.

The custom officer asked me what goods I was bringing and what will be following. I didn't have any goods to declare except my one watch that I was wearing and the other two that I will be bringing in later. Few paper works n some generic questions and off I was out of the door.

Awesome, thanks so much for that info. Makes me feel better.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
bu ayaan said:

Thank you for this information. So I have a question....when I go to get my husband and bring him to Canada.....and they put the "I" on his card and send you to the back....I am allowed to go with him...he doesn't have to do this alone?

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
KJG said:
Thank you for this information. So I have a question....when I go to get my husband and bring him to Canada.....and they put the "I" on his card and send you to the back....I am allowed to go with him...he doesn't have to do this alone?
Yes you can go with him to both the places - immigration officer/custom officer.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
bu ayaan said:
Yes you can go with him to both the places - immigration officer/custom officer.
Thank you. That is so great to know. ;D

saint4peace

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Taiwan
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2012
AOR Received.
July 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 29, 2012
Passport Req..
November 20, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 12, 2014
Hi Canadiangirl78:
Thanks. This was our second application, we had to let the first one expire, so it was fast but feels like this started in Jan 2010 when we first filed. Mexico can be longer because of certain complications. And we didn't have to get Mexican police clearance which you can't do until the VO requests it.

"we had to let the first one expire" - what does that mean ? Could you please explain ? Thanks in advance..

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Well we chose to let the first one expire. I was also living outside Canada and we had some major life changes and couldnt move.

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KJG said:
See what immigration reduces us too......whether or not we can fold a paper...LOL....don't mean to make fun of you canadiangirl78.....and it is a valid question.....but I think the stress is getting to me....LOL.... :p
Well said!, Exactly whats going on with me as well lol ;)

Isometry

Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 28 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 9 2012-->Feb 9 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 19 2011
Passport Req..
March 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 21 2012
LANDED..........
May 17th 2012
KJG said:
See what immigration reduces us too......whether or not we can fold a paper...LOL....don't mean to make fun of you canadiangirl78.....and it is a valid question.....but I think the stress is getting to me....LOL.... :p
Congrats canadiangirl78 and everyone else who's landing soon!

My COPR was a legal size sheet of paper that came in a 9x12 envelope, already folded. According to the officer that interviewed me when I landed, it has no security features whatsoever, so I don't see how folding would damage anything. I photocopied it too!

sushd

Dec 12, 2017
Hi...I got my COPR half folded.Can i fold it further, it still is too big to keep in my hand bag.......