+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I Flagpole?

nurat

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
- My spouse has a Work Permit and already working in Canada (NOC A). Permit is valid for another 15 months
- I am in Canada on a visitor visa
- Both are Indian PP holders

Can I flagpole? Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Do you hold a valid multiple entry TRV?

nurat

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Yes, you think I can flagpole? Where can I find more info on this?

Am new to Canada (toronto), so I need to understand how I can do this..
- any specific entry point that can be accessed by bus / train? Am not currently driving though could ask a friend to help out

nurat

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Hey, many thanks for your response. A couple of questions:

1. Was your spouse on visitor visa supported by medicals?
2. What country are you from? (Need to determine if you were from a visa-exempt country)
3. For medicals, what did you carry? I have the e-medical information sheet that was given when I travelled to Canada.
4. How to pay? Do they accept credit/debit/cash OR do they need a money order / bank draft?
5. Seems I can do this on the weekend as well. Yours was on a Saturday.

Would really appreciate your guidance in this. Am going through a hard time waiting for WP (current waiting is 139 days), more so because an employer is ready to offer me a job if my WP comes thru.

nurat

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
hi deepgill,

thanks so much for all the information (+1 for you but its worth much more than that). I successfully went thru the exact same process at Niagara border. I am so relieved but pained at having to pay additional $255 (I had applied online as well).

In your case, did your spouse make an online application before doing flagpoling? If so, has he withdrawn the application? And if he has, please point me to the process...

Cheers!

deepgill said:
1) Yes, he was on visitor visa entered Canada 26/11/2015. He did not have medical from India, So, he did medical in Canada and carried along e-medical paper given to us by Medical doctor.
2) I am from India and not visa exempted.
3) I think that's what you want e-medical information sheet. My husband did not do medical in India, so had to do in Canada before applying. Check medical validity of your medical by researching as I do not know much about this.
4) You can pay by credit card as I paid with the same.
5) Yes I did on Saturday.

If you have employer waiting then you have valid reason to apply by telling officer that waiting time is 139 days and you need work permit urgently.

Once you reach at border, go to US border office and tell US authorities that you are here for Canada work permit. They will ask you few questions and give you a document.

You need to come back to Canada border office walking with this document and all other supporting documents and tell Canada officer about your Spouse open work permit application. and take it from there.

Cheers

Abhir1989

Feb 25, 2013
Hello Guys,

I am in a situation and hope you can help me out with it.

My wife has applied for a PGWP and the current processing time is showing up as 140 days. Her sister is getting married and we have booked tickets for March.

Seeing that the processing times were too high she is a bit dejected that she would not be able to go home. I saw your post about FLAG POLE and got a ray of hope and was wondering how to go about it.

I have some questions that I could not get out of your comments there

1) We do not have a car, can we just walk over and get this done?
2) Her Study permit only expires in March can she still do it?

Your help would be more than appreciated

Thanking you

Abhinav R

diamondxxx

Star Member
Sep 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August-27-2015
Nomination.....
August-13-2015
AOR Received.
November-20-2015
Med's Request
June-1-2016
Med's Done....
June-27-2016
Passport Req..
Dec-8-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec-13-2016
LANDED..........
Dec-17-2016
"If you have a valid study permit, work permit, or visitor record, and you leave Canada and visit only the United States, you do not need a valid temporary resident visa (TRV) to re-enter Canada. (See the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, Part 9, Division 5, Section 190:3f). This also applies to visitors, provided you return to Canada by the end of the initial period authorized for your stay in Canada (typically six months or less)."

Hey guys, i will say it for the last time that you do not need a freaking TRV to come into canada should you only exit Canada to go into the United States. Read through my post above or just pick key words and search through google. As long as you have a valid WP, SP or VR you are as good as ever.

nurat

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
@Abhir1989

I did not have a car either. We took the bus to Niagara Falls bus terminal and walked to the Rainbow Bridge crossing (taxi would be about $10, walk is about 25 mins). There you would need 2 quarters to get out of the Canadian side. The US side is about 5 min walk from there. So, by all means you can do it without a car, it's pretty convenient and straight-forward. Good Luck!

Abhir1989 said:
Hello Guys,

I am in a situation and hope you can help me out with it.

My wife has applied for a PGWP and the current processing time is showing up as 140 days. Her sister is getting married and we have booked tickets for March.

Seeing that the processing times were too high she is a bit dejected that she would not be able to go home. I saw your post about FLAG POLE and got a ray of hope and was wondering how to go about it.

I have some questions that I could not get out of your comments there

1) We do not have a car, can we just walk over and get this done?
2) Her Study permit only expires in March can she still do it?

Your help would be more than appreciated

Thanking you

Abhinav R

Abhir1989

Feb 25, 2013
nurat said:
@Abhir1989

I did not have a car either. We took the bus to Niagara Falls bus terminal and walked to the Rainbow Bridge crossing (taxi would be about $10, walk is about 25 mins). There you would need 2 quarters to get out of the Canadian side. The US side is about 5 min walk from there. So, by all means you can do it without a car, it's pretty convenient and straight-forward. Good Luck!
Thank you for your reply @nurat

Just one more question, my wife does not have a job offer as of now. Is it mandatory to have a job offer? The only reason we want it to come early is because we have tickets booked for India.

She works in a mexican restaurant, will a job letter from there do?

Awaiting your reply

Abhinav R

nurat

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Am afraid, I have no clue about that. Sorry!

Abhir1989 said:
Thank you for your reply @nurat

Just one more question, my wife does not have a job offer as of now. Is it mandatory to have a job offer? The only reason we want it to come early is because we have tickets booked for India.

She works in a mexican restaurant, will a job letter from there do?

Awaiting your reply

Abhinav R